Tabs scroll position wrong after exiting from YouTube full screen

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Cube8

Tabs scroll position wrong after exiting from YouTube full screen

Unread post by Cube8 » 2019-05-11, 08:52

I have v28.5.0 64-bit on Windows 7 but this is not the first version it happens.

The issue + steps to reproduce
1. Open several tabs until they don't fit in the window, so that you will have to scroll in order to see some. The content doesn't matter. They can be blank.
2. Open one more tab and navigate to YouTube.
3. Go to any video, make it full screen and exit from full screen.
4. The position of the tabs is now offset and you have to scroll right, in order to see the YouTube tab.

The issue happens only when tabs are on top.

Based on my monitor resolution (1920x1080, maximized window), it takes 20+ tabs for tab congestion to occur.
The effect always happens when the YouTube tab is the last one. It can happen if it is 2nd-last or even 3rd-last, if there are more tabs open.
It doesn't happen on facebook videos. I can't think of any other site to try right now.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Tabs scroll position wrong after exiting from YouTube full screen

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-11, 14:01

I tested this and the tabstrip properly scrolls to the last(=active) tab when exiting DOM fullscreen.
Please check if this is influenced by any tab manipulating extensions you have in use.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2019-05-11, 14:35

Tested and it happens to me. Must be suficient tabs open untill the tabs width is to minimum .
But I think the issue is linked indeed to an extensions because the issue does not occur on clean profile.
Or maybe because on the main profile i have set "browser.tabs.tabClipWidth" to a different value than default.
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-11, 17:05

badnick wrote:
2019-05-11, 14:35
Tested and it happens to me. Must be suficient tabs open untill the tabs width is to minimum .
I have like 50 tabs open right now.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2019-05-11, 18:01

Probably is related to an extension(regarded to tabs) I had and I removed and he left bad traces

https://streamable.com/43rzu
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

Cube8

Unread post by Cube8 » 2019-05-11, 18:50

I don't have any tabs related extensions.
I disabled all extensions anyway but the issue still persists. It also happens on the site posted by badnick, but not always.
On a new, clean profile it doesn't happen. I noticed, however, that, upon exiting from fullscreen, an automatic scrolling animation to the last tab takes place. For some reason, this animation doesn't start on my profile.
Is there anything else I could check?

I would like to avoid creating a new profile, since I have many saved passwords. It would be inconvenient to type them all again.

Cube8

Unread post by Cube8 » 2019-05-12, 09:29

More info:
I just noticed that the problem also occurs when entering and exiting fullscreen using the F11 key.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-05-12, 16:54

Cube8 wrote:
2019-05-11, 18:50
I would like to avoid creating a new profile, since I have many saved passwords. It would be inconvenient to type them all again.
Install the extension Password Backup Tool to your current (old) profile and use it to export your passwords; then install it to your new profile and use it to import the file you saved.

Or in the alternative, copy over key3.db and logins.json from the old profile to the new.
(browser should be closed when you do this)