Comments on American Thinker - Gone

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
larryg
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Comments on American Thinker - Gone

Unread post by larryg » 2019-05-08, 16:29

I read articles frequently on American Thinker, and especially like to browse the comments.
This has always worked in PM, until recently - I assume after one of the updates:

Each article on Am Thinker has a "comments" link in the bottom of the logo at top of page.
However, now in PM, the "comments" link does not show up anymore (it always used to). It works fine in Microsoft Edge, and on my Android phone in 2 different browsers. I have tried flushing the DNS cache, and tried all 3 Agent Mode compatibility settings - none help.
Any suggestions, please ?

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Comments on American Thinker - Gone

Unread post by doofy » 2019-05-08, 16:34

Link please.

Are you running any content blockers?

Is it same behaviour in safe mode?

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-05-08, 16:59

I can confirm this.I disabled all extensions and allowed mixed content but instead of comments i just get a spinning circle.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-05-08, 17:25

larryg wrote:
2019-05-08, 16:29
However, now in PM, the "comments" link does not show up anymore (it always used to).
If americanthinker.com is the website you are referring to, it is working for me on PM 28.5.0. I've looked at a variety of articles and blog posts there, and every single one had a link for "X comments." Clicking on that link brought the comments up for me to read.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

larryg
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by larryg » 2019-05-08, 17:27

I apologize for not checking the obvious:
Apparently Adblock Latitude was doing this - I disabled it and comments are back.

Thanks for all your replies..

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-09, 07:47

Please check your blocklists in ABL. If you are using EasyList, then I suggest you try the combination of BlockZilla and Peter Lowe's list subscriptions instead.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-05-09, 14:23

larryg wrote:
2019-05-08, 17:27
Apparently Adblock Latitude was doing this - I disabled it and comments are back.
The comments are being blocked by a specific filter in Fanboy's Annoyance List: ##.social_tools

If you create an exception to that filter for americanthinker.com, the comments will display.
(they did for me)

Try adding the exception rule in the code box to your custom filters in ABL:
(Open Filter preferences > Custom filters tab > click the "Add filter" button, paste filter into box)

Code: Select all

americanthinker.com#@#.social_tools

larryg
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by larryg » 2019-05-09, 16:45

I am now using Peter Lowe's list - (and nothing else) - in ABL, and everything seems to be working well - thanks Moonchild....
I searched this forum and Google but couldn't find any info about BlockZilla. Link - anyone, please ?

coffeebreak- That's interesting, thanks, I did have Fanboy's List active in ABL - now disabled.
But switching to Peter Lowe's list seems to have fixed the problem, and things seem to be running a bit faster too, so I'm happy.

Thanks to all for your help ;)

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-05-09, 17:23

larryg wrote:
2019-05-09, 16:45
coffeebreak- That's interesting, thanks, I did have Fanboy's List active in ABL - now disabled.
But switching to Peter Lowe's list seems to have fixed the problem
Glad your problem is fixed.

Disabling Fanboy's Annoyance List is what fixed it for you.
(Whether you use EasyList or Peter Lowe's List makes no difference for this particular problem. )

(If you ever wish to reenable the Annoyance List, just add the exception rule posted above to your own filters and the problem will remain fixed.)