Gmail tasks are washing away Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
SenDion

Gmail tasks are washing away

Unread post by SenDion » 2019-04-03, 15:09

Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, Service Pack 1
Pale Moon: desktop 32 bits, ver. 28.4.1
Problem: Gmail task list disappears (not necessarily a bug in Pale Moon)
How to reproduce: Login to Gmail. Click on the left arrow symbol (<) to not hide the side panel. Click the "Tasks" symbol (as shown here) in the side panel.
Expected result: A task panel should appear on the right side and should contain the list of tasks.
Actual result: A task panel appears on the right side and contains the list of tasks. So far, so good. Then, something (presumably the page code) triggers the Task frame reloading. After reloading, the Task list disappears from the Tasks frame :(.
Additional information: I was able to get the same actual result in Firefox Quantum 60.6.1, once I selected "This frame: reload" in the context sensitive menu. I guess that there is something wrong with the page code on the vendor end. My guess is supported by the fact that the task list was properly rendered in Pale Moon about a month ago.
Question: Is it feasible to provide a temporary workaround in Pale Moon to prevent the reloading of the Task frame? I am asking this question since it may take a long time till the Gmail vendor start looking into the problem.

SenDion

Lost ability to view/edit Gmail tasks

Unread post by SenDion » 2019-04-09, 04:55

I tried to access Gmail tasks from several browsers:
  1. Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit). Browser: Chromium, ver. 73.0.3683
  2. Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit). Browser: Vivaldi, ver. 2.4.1488 (Stable channel)
  3. Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit). Browser: Opera, ver. 56.0.3051
  4. Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit). Browser: Firefox Quantum, ver. 66.0.2
  5. Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, Service Pack 1. Browser: Firefox Quantum, ver. 66.0.2
Actual result: a task panel appears on the right side and contains the list of tasks. This is true for the browsers a)-e).
Additional information: once I selected "This frame: reload",
  • the list of tasks got refreshed, and it reappeared in the frame. This is true for the browsers a)-c).
  • the list of tasks disappeared from the frame. This is true for the browsers d)-e).
It doesn't anymore seem to be a problem on the Gmail vendor end (though it still might be).

I mentioned in the original post, that the task list was properly rendered in Pale Moon about a month ago. The more accurate period is two month ago. At that time, I was using Pale Moon ver 28.2.1 (presumably) .

Are you able to reproduce this problem?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Gmail tasks are washing away

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-04-09, 09:47

The panel loads but then aborts. the console spews a number of errors:\

Code: Select all

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src 'nonce-2rBnHx8eycLc6cE/7X2AQg' 'unsafe-inline' 'strict-dynamic' https: http: 'unsafe-eval'”). Source: onsubmit attribute on INPUT element.  
AbortError  
m=m,m_i:3829:163
AbortError 
m=m,m_i:3829:163
Content Security Policy: Ignoring ‘x-frame-options’ because of ‘frame-ancestors’ directive. 
(unknown)
Attempt to set a forbidden header was denied: Connection  
m=b:540:75
m=b:540:75
2516017865-lcs_client_bin.js:134:386
The custom "AbortError" errors seem to be why it's not working. Only Google can fix this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SenDion

Re: Gmail tasks are washing away

Unread post by SenDion » 2019-04-10, 03:41

On my end, the console spews several errors too:

Code: Select all

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src 'nonce-JT4ls3aSGYlitvdJNpJqcA' 'unsafe-inline' 'strict-dynamic' https: http: 'unsafe-eval'”). Source: onsubmit attribute on INPUT element.  
Content Security Policy: Ignoring ‘x-frame-options’ because of ‘frame-ancestors’ directive.  
(unknown)
AbortError  
m=m,m_i:3766:163
AbortError  
AbortError  
. . .
Only Google can fix this.
Thanks for looking into this problem and pointing me to the right direction.

To finish on a bright note, after the task panel loaded, it contained the list of tasks. I have no idea as to what caused the self-repairing. Anyway, it is a great relief to see that the problem is gone. :D