Palemoon totally crashes on a leboncoin.fr

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
[BeLO]

Palemoon totally crashes on a leboncoin.fr

Unread post by [BeLO] » 2019-03-15, 18:56

Hi Moonchild !

Here is a strong issue I meet when I want to go inside the messages of my account on a French popular website : www.leboncoin.fr (this site is the most famous site in France to post ads to sell usual home stuff...).
My OS is Windows 10, and I've got the last ×64 version of PaleMoon.

First you have to create an account, then login, then go to the "Messages" section.
Then the word "Loading..." appears in the center of the screen, the mouse cursor is waiting, anf nothing is responding anymore (click, changing tab, shortkey, ...).
All you can do is to brutally kill Pale Moon and restart it.

This issue doesn't appear with other web browsers like Firefox or Chrome...

I think there must be a problem with a JavaScript !
If you need more information, I can it some to you ;-)
Great many thanks to the Pale Moon team

Arnaud BeLO.

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Palemoon totally crashes on a leboncoin.fr

Unread post by Falna » 2019-03-18, 17:56

Yes, looks like there is a problem with the messages section - it claims to be currently unavailable in PM. However if running PM in safe mode without extensions then it is accessible, so looks like there's probably an extension causing the problem. Just need to find out which.

Update - looks like it could also be caused by blocking third party scripts from shibsted.io.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...