about:blank

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
postbuz

about:blank

Unread post by postbuz » 2019-03-04, 21:14

Hi,

Had always set Preferences - General - Startup - Home Page to about:blank (in about:config it reads browser.startup.homepage;about:blank)

So I got a blank page when starting up or open a new tab. Similar issue with browser.newtab.url to about:blank.

Now I get the Pale Moon loge page. Same thing with browser.newtab.url to about:blank.

Has anything changed that I missed?

Regards,

PB.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: about:blank

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-03-04, 22:49

Nothing has changed and I verified just now in a new profile with 28.4.0

Setting Preferences -> General -> When Pale Moon starts: to about:blank opens the about:blank page when the browser is started.
Setting browser.newtab.url to the same does the same thing for new tabs.

Everything is working as expected, I don't see any bug there.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-03-04, 23:10

Do you perhaps mean a page that is effectively blank except that there is a semi-transparent logo in the middle?
If so, then the browser is working as intended.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-03-04, 23:26

vannilla wrote:Do you perhaps mean a page that is effectively blank except that there is a semi-transparent logo in the middle?
That, actually, is about:logopage. Using about:blank presents (or is supposed to present) a 100% completely blank page.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-03-04, 23:49

postbuz wrote:Preferences - General - Startup - Home Page to about:blank (in about:config it reads browser.startup.homepage;about:blank)
There is a second preference:
about:config -> browser.startup.page = 1 (values)
(One setting defines the home page; second setting directs to start up with the home page)
In Preferences / General, it looks like this:
prefs-startup-homepg.png

New tab (about:blank)
Also uses two preferences.
about:config ->
browser.newtab.url = about:blank and browser.newtab.choice = 0 (use custom url)
(in the alternative, if home page is set to about:blank, can presumably use: browser.newtab.choice = 2) (use home page)
(values, values2)

You might double-check those settings.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-03-09, 20:21

Edit: correcting my previous post:
(in the alternative, if home page is set to about:blank, can presumably use: browser.newtab.choice = 2)
can presumably use: browser.newtab.choice = 3) (use home page)
(values, values2) [/quote]