Upfdated to 28.3.1 - issues arose

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Stilez

Upfdated to 28.3.1 - issues arose

Unread post by Stilez » 2019-02-08, 10:07

Sorry to report, but I just updated from (I think) 27.something or perhaps 26.something, to 28.3.1, and a few things were broken.

1) ctrl-click a link doesn't open it in new tab any more?
2) Tab Groups Manager (XUL extension v2017.06.21.011) no longer able to load old saved sessions/session backups
3) addons page dark, text not shown
4) F12 not working

Clean install fixed these, it turned out to be Multiple Tab handler that became incompatible, somehow.

Does anyone know what broke (since other extensions might also have been affected)? And is there an updated working version of it, or if not, what extension should I use instead to drag/drop/close multiple tabs??

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Upfdated to 28.3.1 - issues arose

Unread post by therube » 2019-02-08, 13:44

As a test, create a new, clean Profile & see if your issues persist.

Then, back to your original Profile & see if you can figure out what is causing your issues.
As a start, try Safe Mode.

If that works, then most likely an extension.
See if you can whittle your way through that.

Stilez

Unread post by Stilez » 2019-02-08, 15:30

I know the extension that broke (Multiple tab handler). I'm just surprised it did so. I was more wondering if anyone knew what part of PM changed, that caused it to break.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-02-08, 16:39

Stilez wrote:I know the extension that broke (Multiple tab handler). I'm just surprised it did so. I was more wondering if anyone knew what part of PM changed, that caused it to break.
Plenty of things changed, especially from version 26 to version 28, and any of them, especially in a combination with something else, can introduce compatibility issues.
Since Multiple Tab Handler is a Firefox extension, rather than a Pale Moon extension, this kind of problem (being incompatible) is to be expected.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2019-02-08, 17:16

Stilez wrote:it turned out to be Multiple Tab handler that became incompatible
This has already been discussed and here is a workaround.

PS: Search is your friend :coffee: