PM 28.3.1 crash

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: PM 28.3.1 crash

Unread post by badnick » 2019-01-26, 21:36

Isengrim wrote:
badnick wrote:There is no .DUMB files on my system
[IMPORTANT!] Information to include when asking for support
If you get application crashes, use AppCrashView to check the details of the app crash and post them
How to capture a (crash) minidump
WDK require over 400Mb for installation. I will try other way.
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-01-26, 21:42

I captured it. I was able to reproduce it in the current unstable. I will send it to Moonchild.

Don't worry badnick, you don't have to collect your .DUMB file after all.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-28, 00:19

Looks like this is a WebP issue - libwebp stability and a buffering issue will be fixed in the next version that will likely stop this crash.
If you need to visit this site in the meantime, disable webp support to work around it (set image.webp.enabled to false).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-01-28, 14:17

This crash has already been fixed and will be in the next release.