Search field closing

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
strahl

Search field closing

Unread post by strahl » 2019-01-18, 12:30

(please bare with me: first post by non-coder...)

Bug in both : 28.3.0 and 28.2.2 (I started to use PM with 28.2.2)
The search field top right on http://www.liedman.net/leaflet-control-geocoder/ does not stay open.
The field closes while trying to enter data, making it unuseable.

The search code is embedded in some of my websites with OSM,
and works perfectly on the latest versions of Vivaldi, Firefox and Iridium browsers.

As this is working in other browsers, potentially Pale Moon is rendering something wrong here?
(which is why I ask here first, instead of contacting the search code developer, hopefully that is ok)

I checked the PM's browser and error consoles, but nothing pops up there,
and restarted PM in safe mode with all addons etc disabled for testing, and the bug persists.

This is the only thing that has not been working flawlessly "out of the box"...
So, a big cheers! to the developers. Respect for your time and work...

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Search field closing

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-01-18, 15:36

With Pale Moon 28.3.0 (uBlockOrigin on and off) I could open the search field, type something in and start the search (with good result), but it was very very fiddly to find and hold the right mouse-hover position - took around 30-40 attempts. Also tried it with keyboard control (TAB-key to move to the search field), but that only worked in 2 of 20 tries too. Same goes for Firefox 52.9.0 ESR.
Looks like their leaflet.js has a problem with opening the field by mouse-hover and keep it open (at least in PM and FF52ESR).
The lower buttons (Bing,etc.) were BTW non-functional for me too.
They have a github site for issues here:
https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet/issues
but I have no account there to report.
How about using openstreetmap.org in the meantime? (just as first idea, if it's about a few searches * just re-read about embedding on your websites)

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-01-19, 10:18

Is it intended that button clicks upon mouse hover? Can you cancel this behavior?
would play with javascript to try fix.

strahl

Unread post by strahl » 2019-02-13, 10:44

Thanks loxodont and Fedor2 for your kind replies and help. Sorry for my belated reaction (kids and flu...)

I've implemented this script as a plugin to Leaflet on OSM on my websites.
Yes, it is intended that button click and hover open the search field and that the field stays open then.
This works perfectly in every browser (also in FF by the way), but not in Pale Moon 28.3.1. and earlier versions.

As it works perfectly in all browsers, I deduct that Pale Moon errors in rendering something ?

For the moment I've altered the script and set "collapsed: false" so now it stays open...
Ugly. But that's the sacrifice I gladly make to use Pale Moon

If one day a solution pops up, please let me know here

Thanks again for thinking with me !