Can not watch CBS, Netflix, and Hulu

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Can not watch CBS, Netflix, and Hulu

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-01-23, 21:29

Would location have any bearing on this issue at all.?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-01-24, 12:25

This may well be a regional thing, since like MC, i just extracted the portable x86 and still get the DRM errors.

Edit: 28.0.0 and.28.2.2 and 28.3.0 portable x86 all worked fine, went to 28.3.1 portable again and it also worked.
Hey! Go figure. Went back to my installed version and it too is working fine again. Maybe a change on Netflix's end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2019-01-25, 09:21

billmcct wrote:Edit: 28.0.0 and.28.2.2 and 28.3.0 portable x86 all worked fine, went to 28.3.1 portable again and it also worked.
Hey! Go figure. Went back to my installed version and it too is working fine again. Maybe a change on Netflix's end.
So, if I'm understanding this post correctly, I have to switch to the portable version to get to Netflix to work?

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-01-25, 10:43

What I was doing was testing with the portables with no add-ons or changes to the config.
MC indicated that 28.3.1 was working fine for him however my 28.3.1 install was not. I downloaded the 28.3.1 portable and tested it though it wouldn't work, got DRM error. The next day I downloaded 28.0.0 28.2.2 and 28.3.0 tested them and they worked.
Went back to the 28.3.1 portable and it also worked. Went to my installed 28.3.1 and it is also working fine.
All I can figure is that maybe Netflix made some kind of change on their end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Nick2018
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Nick2018 » 2019-02-18, 20:02

Hello,

Netflix works for me in Pale Moon but it does not work in Basilisk. Widevine had an update 4 days ago and this might be the problem but I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2019-02-19, 03:22

I watch CBS using the flash plugin on Pale Moon v28.3.1 x64. It doesn't work well with ad-blockers, particularly uBlock Origin. My user agent is set to native.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2019-02-20, 15:22

LimboSlam wrote:It doesn't work well with ad-blockers, particularly uBlock Origin.
That type of issue is usually caused by a single blocking rule.
Simply use uBO's logger, to see what's being blocked..
Then it's just a matter of creating the necessary exception rule.

--

EDIT:
First, you could try enabling 'AdGuard Spyware filter' and/or 'Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List'..
They both contain some exception rules for CBS.com, which doesn't seem to be present in other filters.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2019-02-21, 05:22

Tomaso wrote:That type of issue is usually caused by a single blocking rule.
Simply use uBO's logger, to see what's being blocked..
Then it's just a matter of creating the necessary exception rule.
I figured as much.

I'm not one to mess with the filters though, or test other filters.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime