UPDATE re: missing X's in tabs ...

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Omnimaxus

UPDATE re: missing X's in tabs ...

Unread post by Omnimaxus » 2018-11-15, 14:03

First, hello. Been a while. Second, go here and get caught up: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19984. When done, see below ...

UPDATE to above-linked thread:

I was using Windows 7 (64-bit) after a fresh install last week that was borne out of necessity thanks to an impossible problem with Windows 10, which frustrated me to no end. I downloaded the latest Windows 7 drivers for my RX 480 video card, and installed Pale Moon. I decided to give Pale Moon another chance (because I believe in supporting independent software projects like this one). The "X's" in the tabs showed up perfectly, each and every time I used Pale Moon in Windows 7. 100% consistent. Unfortunately, I had to go back to Windows 10 due to several important applications running better on it than they did on Windows 7 (i.e., no crashes, no system-wide slowdowns). I installed the latest Windows 10 drivers for my video card. Installed Pale Moon 28.2.0. The "X's" started not showing up anymore after a couple of starts. I have switched back to Firefox as of a while ago, and the "X's" not showing up isn't an issue for me any longer (because I use Firefox everyday now), but I wanted to update everyone (and Moonchild) here as a "FYI." So, OK. Thanks to all.

P.S.: Keep in mind that I'm not the only one who's had this issue - at least one other person has reported the same thing happening. (Thanks again.)

P.P.S.: Remember, with version 27.9.4 and under, this problem was totally non-existent. Did not start happening until version 28. (??????)

Omnimaxus

Re: UPDATE re: missing X's in tabs ...

Unread post by Omnimaxus » 2018-11-15, 20:55

Also - wanted to clarify that before version 28, this problem was not happening in either Windows 7 or 10.

Now it appears as though it happens only in Windows 10, since 28.2.0 was fine in Windows 7 (but not 10).

Thanks!
Last edited by Omnimaxus on 2018-11-15, 20:56, edited 2 times in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-15, 21:22

We are looking into it. Also, please don't use obnoxiously large text.. It doesn't make us work any faster to resolve issues. Indeed, we might take longer because of it.

Omnimaxus

Unread post by Omnimaxus » 2018-11-16, 01:34

My apologies. But glad to know it's being looked into. Hope a resolution is found soon enough. Thanks!

Omnimaxus

Unread post by Omnimaxus » 2018-11-23, 20:58

Follow-up:

Hi again. Wanted to come back here and see if there's been any progress. Moonchild? New Tobin Paradigm? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Omnimaxus on 2018-11-23, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-23, 22:05

Why don't you grab the DOM Inspector and look into it your self and report back.

Omnimaxus

Unread post by Omnimaxus » 2018-11-24, 18:48

Hi, Tobin. Thanks for replying. I have installed Pale Moon and configured it per my usual preferences. I added the DOM Inspector add-on, too. Can you please tell me exactly what I need to look out for, and how to save whatever log file there may be after I see the missing "X's" again? I will check back here later, and hopefully you (or someone else?) will have responded by then. For now, I will use Pale Moon as a co-existing browser installation (along Firefox), and alternate between both (again, for now). Thanks again!
Last edited by Omnimaxus on 2018-11-24, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Omnimaxus

Unread post by Omnimaxus » 2018-11-30, 13:55

Follow-up: It has been almost a week, and I have not heard anything back here.

That said, I have uninstalled Pale Moon and gone back to using Firefox "solo."

I will keep checking future versions to see if this problem has been rectified. Thanks just the same.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-30, 14:02

Yeah, because we are motivated to solve the issues of non-users. Enjoy using Firefox.

RESOLVED INCOMPLETE
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-11-30, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.