Home page/new tab bug? Topic is solved

The place to report Pale Moon specific bugs on the Windows operating system.

Moderator: satrow

tenseys
Lunatic
Lunatic

Home page/new tab bug?

Unread postby tenseys » Tue, 28 Aug 2018, 08:47

Sometimes the "when opening a new tab show = my home page" setting in preferences/tabs will not pick up a home page change. So the new tab will load the old home page. I have to go to preferences/tabs, and press ok to force the home page setting change to reflect in the new tab. And then new tab will load new home page. Not every time though. Sometimes it works fine/instantly.

Actually, the sequence where it always seems to occur is (with new, clean profile):

1). Set home page and then go to preferences/tabs/set new tab as your home page, press ok. It works good. Home page and new tab agree.
2). Change home page.. new tab reflects new/current home page change correctly - home page and new tab agree - it obeys the new tab set as your home page.
3). Change home page again.. new tab reflects old (last) home page and doesn't show current home page. Home page and new tab do not agree. I have go to preferences/tabs, and press OK again to make it show current home page.

So basically on a second home page change, the new tab does not keep up unless "forced" as described.

Not a big deal for me since its not like I'm changing my homepage every 5 minutes. I usually never change it, just something I noticed a few times and thought I would mention it.

On Win 10/PM 28 x64. Seen on two different model laptops.
Last edited by tenseys on Tue, 28 Aug 2018, 10:43, edited 13 times in total.
I'm using Pale Moon version 28.1.0 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Home page/new tab bug?

Unread postby Moonchild » Tue, 28 Aug 2018, 11:44

Yup, that's a limitation of the way this is currently implemented. It doesn't monitor home page changes once set, while it should.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Re: Home page/new tab bug?  Topic is solved

Unread postby JustOff » Mon, 03 Sep 2018, 18:24

Here are the add-ons I made in a spare time. That was fun!

tenseys
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Home page/new tab bug?

Unread postby tenseys » Wed, 05 Sep 2018, 01:04

I guess I'll mark this as solved since it seems it's being addressed. Thank you!
I'm using Pale Moon version 28.1.0 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Return to “Bug reports (Windows)”