Multiple crashes after update

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
VPupkin

Re: Multiple crashes after update

Unread post by VPupkin » 2018-08-22, 18:18

therube wrote:I'll note that most likely your video drivers are dated.

On my end (Intel HD4000) I just updated from (ancient) 9.17.10.2857 to 10.18.10.4885's.
You didn't look well, because I have HD Graphics 3000, which is not the same as 4000, and according to Intel's site, this driver is the latest for it.

VPupkin

Unread post by VPupkin » 2018-08-26, 10:35

How is hardware acceleration related to the browser at all? It makes sense to me related to video playback only.
The only hardware option I use is explicitly running the browser on the discrete video card instead of the embedded one. Nvidia drivers allow to choose between the two graphics on laptops and I've set all programs to run on Nvidia GPU.
Answer me to the previous question about AppInit as well.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-08-26, 13:27

VPupkin wrote:How is hardware acceleration related to the browser at all? It makes sense to me related to video playback only.
It is very related. Look it up perhaps? Generally not a good idea asking questions when (you think) you have the answers beforehand, although based on this colourful thread I can see it might be difficult since you seem to live by this conviction.

VPupkin

Unread post by VPupkin » 2018-08-26, 20:31

That's what I'm doing - asking questions and waiting for a relevant answer. And your nonsense chit-chat is called flood, which is prohibited, so be quiet or I'll report you to the moderator.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-08-27, 07:01

VPupkin wrote:That's what I'm doing - asking questions - AppCrash, the program is malware suspicious - praise of your latest update is absolutely undeserved - this crappy update - This update is shit
VPupkin wrote:...so be quiet or I'll report you to the moderator.
:lol: - Please go ahead and do that now.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-27, 09:05

I just have one question here:

If you have no antivirus or similar software installed, how are you alerted that AppCrashView is "malware suspicious"?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

VPupkin

Unread post by VPupkin » 2018-08-27, 10:32

I have a counterquestion. Why are you reacting to a flooder's bullshit at all instead of helping me solve my problem? You were not very active at helping me here and you said nothing when I posted that malware thing, but when this jerk appeared - here you are! By the forum rules you must hand him to the moderator for punishment for improper behaviour. That's the first thing you or the moderator must bother about. Instead you are joining the flood, so it looks to me like you are fostering this behaviour against the users that ask the questions you can't answer. Is that so?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-08-27, 11:25

You need to calm the hell down. Everyone in this thread has been trying to help you with your issue and work out what is wrong here. Your responses back have been contradictory and hostile to people who are well established in this community with the exception of one person I have known for almost 10 years who has recently come over to our neck of the woods.

Just because you don't understand something or do not like the questions or answers given thus far does not give you the right to come into our house and scream at us.

You will stop your abusive behavior.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-27, 12:00

VPupkin wrote:I have a counterquestion. Why are you reacting to a flooder's bullshit at all instead of helping me solve my problem? You were not very active at helping me here and you said nothing when I posted that malware thing, but when this jerk appeared - here you are! By the forum rules you must hand him to the moderator for punishment for improper behaviour. That's the first thing you or the moderator must bother about. Instead you are joining the flood, so it looks to me like you are fostering this behaviour against the users that ask the questions you can't answer. Is that so?
I suggest you answer the questions asked instead of getting on your high horse about how we deal with community issues. You are not a moderator and we have all the tools available to properly report things without escalating them in public. But instead you opt to do just that. I've already warned you about this before in private, consider this a final warning.

You also don't seem to understand the fact that I, despite my 20k+ posts on the forum, cannot and will not obsessively read every post made. It's folly, and I've reduced my presence out of necessity here to be able to do what matters, namely software development rather than support, but I will step in where needed.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-08-27, 13:06

(As I'm sure you're aware, virtually all Nirsoft utilities have long been known to cause Antivirus "False Positive" Problems, so with that knowledge alone, one does not necessarily need to be using an antivirus to "know".)

VPupkin

Unread post by VPupkin » 2018-08-27, 15:10

Moonchild wrote:
VPupkin wrote:Instead you are joining the flood, so it looks to me like you are fostering this behaviour against the users that ask the questions you can't answer. Is that so?
I suggest you answer the questions asked instead of getting on your high horse about how we deal with community issues. You are not a moderator and we have all the tools available to properly report things without escalating them in public. But instead you opt to do just that. I've already warned you about this before in private, consider this a final warning.
You have just answered my question positively.
I have a problem with your browser, so I come to the forum to solve it.
I report the problem, provide all the necessary information about it, but your members' advice doesn't help. The problem remains.
Then you, in order not to lose your face (cause the problem is still there) or get rid of the annoying user, start insinuating me with the help of your advocates crew for "abusive behaviour", which is bullshit. I've never abused anyone, just asked about the things I needed to know. Of cause while accusing me you cover for your crew's evident inappropriate behaviour by warning me instead of them.
Is this picture ugly? Yes. What does that make you and your crew? Whores. You betray your users' interests in favour of quietness and expert looks.
I could answer a question constructively if it was intended to find the truth about the point, but this is not that case. You apparently want to make me out as an aggressor of some kind, so I don't want to answer that.
You disappointed me seriously. There are plenty of whores mistreating their users among programmers, it's sad to see that you belong to them.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-08-27, 15:23

You have asked questions, we (unpaid volunteers) have attempted to provide advice and help, and you have more or less rejected it. We cannot help you solve your problems if you will not work with us.

Hardware acceleration is used in more than just video playback. It is also used for rendering GUi elements, fonts, and much much more. So, why not try disabling that option in the browser? Or perhaps try changing which GPU you're running the application on? If it doesn't help, you can easily revert those settings.
Last edited by Isengrim on 2018-08-27, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-08-27, 15:55

Typical case (2). Again.

It's known how it usually ends so I wouldn't bother with more troubleshooting. Good luck with the tough guy though. :wave:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-27, 16:17

Considering the OP's actions have resulted in an account ban, this topic has been closed.