v28 Windows taskbar button order Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: v28 Windows taskbar button order

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-09-12, 15:57

Cmdr_Data wrote:
2020-09-12, 15:09
I'm disappointed that I don't even get an answer, let alone that this problem will be resolved.
I'm sorry but we've all been very busy with more important things that affect everyone.
Also, you stated you had mostly migrated to Firefox, further lowering the importance/priority of this.

As for the cause: stab in the dark educated guess would be because sessionstore was made completely asynchronous by Mozilla between our fork points for 27 and 28, which makes this kind of "retained ordering of opening and closing" impossible unless explicitly tracked.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Cmdr_Data

Unread post by Cmdr_Data » 2020-09-13, 22:28

Moonchild wrote:
2020-09-12, 15:57
Also, you stated you had mostly migrated to Firefox, further lowering the importance/priority of this.
You're right, but I use Firefox enforcedly, rather I'd use Palemoon, I've used it for years before version 28.

Moonchild wrote:
2020-09-12, 15:57
As for the cause: stab in the dark educated guess would be because sessionstore was made completely asynchronous by Mozilla between our fork points for 27 and 28, which makes this kind of "retained ordering of opening and closing" impossible unless explicitly tracked.
I don't understand anything... :? But I'll not lose my hope that someday this problem would be solved... :geek:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-09-13, 23:11

I'll try to translate.

Tasks that are "asynchronous" are not executed in order, but rather, the different parts of the task are all issued at once, and then processed in whatever order completes first. So if there is a list of windows that are closed "asynchronously", then whichever window closes the fastest will be recorded as "first", unrelated to the order in which they were originally opened.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite