(Beta) Tab hitbox regression Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
twocows

(Beta) Tab hitbox regression

Unread post by twocows » 2018-08-13, 02:58

Apologies if wrong section, all the beta-related forum sections appear to be locked.

When using Pale Moon 28.0.0b5 as a maximized window with tabs on top enabled, the top row of pixels does not register tab clicks, at least on my setup. I've attached a GIF I recorded, which demonstrates first that tabs still switch properly when clicking below the top row and then that tabs don't switch properly when clicking the top row.

I believe this bug is a regression; I never had this issue in 27 or earlier and I'm fairly certain I would have noticed it.

Browser: Pale Moon 64-bit, 28.0.0b5
Additional note: This wasn't a clean install of the beta. I updated to it from my 27 install by switching the release channel in the prefs folder to unstable.
Attachments
Demonstration of issue
Demonstration of issue

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: (Beta) Tab hitbox regression

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-08-13, 03:25

twocows wrote:Additional note: This wasn't a clean install of the beta.
Does this still happen if you do this in Pale Moon's safe mode? Or with a new profile?
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

twocows

Unread post by twocows » 2018-08-13, 14:05

It does not, and in fact it looks like disabling the style I was using fixed the issue completely (Dark Fox). It was a pretty old style, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it started to break. Thanks!

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2018-08-16, 17:32

This issue is present with the official lightweight themes, i.e. http://www.palemoon.org/persona/
So it isn't an issue with an old theme.