US Bank (USA) login no longer displays correctly

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
JimInPT

US Bank (USA) login no longer displays correctly

Unread post by JimInPT » 2018-07-01, 18:17

Attempting to login to my US Bank online account, the page no longer displays the Account/Password input boxes on the left side of the screen. I think US Bank changed the page's code, but this URL still works fine in Brave browser - I'd prefer to keep everything in Pale Moon.

Here's the URL: https://onlinebanking.usbank.com/Auth/Login

The only thing I see with Pale Moon running Windows7 Ultimate 64bit is a choice to create a new login. Hope this one can be patched as I use it routinely.

Thanks very much!

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: US Bank (USA) login no longer displays correctly

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-07-01, 19:20

It seems to work just fine with Pale Moon v28, which is sheduled to be released in a couple of months.
Until then, you can use the latest beta version:
http://www.palemoon.org/unstable/

JimInPT

Unread post by JimInPT » 2018-07-01, 20:03

Thanks, Tomaso.

FWIW, I forgot to note that I'm running 27.9.3 and since posting the issue I found that Citi.com has a similar problem, but it shows the login name/PW entry windows and reports a login failure error beyond that. It looks like a site error, but again, Brave handles it ok. So just another data point. The American Express website is still functioning fine with PM for the time being.

Anybody know if this is related to site-security changes on banking/credit-card websites?
Last edited by JimInPT on 2018-07-01, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-07-01, 21:14

They seem to be using AngularJS framework.
Moonchild has already commented on it here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19061
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18710

mrmort

US Bank website signon box

Unread post by mrmort » 2018-07-04, 08:12

Hi,
I live in the states and one of my bank accounts is US Bank (https://www.usbank.com/index.html). I now can no longer log on using Pale Moon browser for some reason. Their main page is supposed to have a log in box in the upper right side of the browser window. It does not come up in in Pale Moon on any of my computers so I can't log in with Pale Moon. There is a place to click that says "log In" and some sub-choices under that (such as 'online banking') at the very top but this does not lead to a place to actually log in in any browser, so don't think it does. That is for new user log in accounts, for people starting out.

My desktop runs Windows 7 and 10 ( I usually use 7 on desktop ) and both of my laptops run Windows 10. But all other browsers have the log in box come up ( Chrome, Edge and Firefox ). Some of the other browsers it comes up instantly with the rest of the page and some it takes about a second longer to appear after everything else appears. Not a killer for me, just an inconvenience since I can go online using another browser. But I'd prefer to use Pale Moon like I used to. This has happened in the last month or so. Also happens at work ( they use corporate Windows 7 where I work ). So looks like Pale Moon problem for sure. I hope this can be fixed. Thanks!!

Moderator note: merged.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-07-04, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-07-04, 11:31

(Earlier thread, Need to update general.useragent.override.usbank.co. Note that the issue is now more then simply "useragent".)

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: US Bank website signon box

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-07-04, 16:30

mrmort wrote:one of my bank accounts is US Bank (https://www.usbank.com/index.html). I now can no longer log on using Pale Moon browser for some reason.
AFAICT, this also works with Pale Moon v28.

mrmort

Unread post by mrmort » 2018-07-10, 08:18

Thanks, you guys are awesome...