Yahoo Email not working

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
JDBell

Yahoo Email not working

Unread post by JDBell » 2018-06-21, 06:58

My preferred Mail is Yahoo. Windows 10 and 64bit OS.
I can only see the last ten emails now in Yahoo while using Pale Moon. I cannot delete or reply or forward any email. I can use Chrome to access all of Yahoo email messages and do all the activities that Pale Moon seems to be preventing. This behavior has appeared since the last update. I have tried to roll back my Pale Moon version (27.9.3 64 bit) and the roll back seems to have no effect. I don't want to have to migrate to another browser. What is wrong?

JD :cry:

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Yahoo Email not working

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-21, 10:00

Confirmed.

Note that this happens in the "new" (glitzy) version of mail.
Classic version of Yahoo mail still works as expected (but then Classic doesn't even need JavaScript to work ;-)).

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Frasier » 2018-06-21, 21:03

JDBell wrote:I cannot delete or reply or forward any email.
Be sure you are not blocking any scripts from 'oath.com'.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-22, 15:17

@Frasier, so is Yahoo mail working as expected for you?

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-06-22, 16:03

therube wrote:@Frasier, so is Yahoo mail working as expected for you?
I think you asked the wrong person. Should have been "JDBell".
I have no problems with yahoo mail though I refuse to use anything but "Classic" mail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-22, 16:06

No, Frasier asked about a particular script/domain, but did not indicate whether he was actually seeing an issue or not.

(And yes, I use Classic too.)

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2018-06-22, 16:23

Try adding one of these useragent.overrides -

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.mail.yahoo.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0 (Pale Moon)
or

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.mail.yahoo.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 (Pale Moon)
Either one works for me in Win 7 and modified to (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:**.*) in Linux.
Last edited by CraigPD on 2018-06-22, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-06-22, 16:41

therube wrote:No, Frasier asked about a particular script/domain, but did not indicate whether he was actually seeing an issue or not.

(And yes, I use Classic too.)
Sorry my bad. I suppose the OP only had a glitch since he hasn't posted again.

Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-22, 17:00

(Just to note, FF 38 worked, just now. Not sure if I tested that, back when.)

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Frasier » 2018-06-22, 23:18

@therube and billmcct, Yahoo stop working as expected when Verizon took over and 'oath.com' was introduced. Unlike JDBell I could still read/access any of my emails but could not delete, reply or forward any emails. Until I allowed the new 'oath.com' scripts.

I use the "new" (glitzy) unremarkably unimproved version.
Using Pale Moon 27.9.3 (x86) on win 7 (x64).

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-22, 23:29

#1, Pale Moon 27 x64, Win7 x64
#2, FF 38

Some Yahoo login.
Same UA (FF 38).
PM, default UA, or changing to something else (FF 38 or FF 60), matters not.
Colors, layout, & site action (or lack thereof) & URLs differ. Got me as to why?
Try to force (go to) https://mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch in PM, rolls over to what is shown.

Both virgin Profiles (except for testing with various UA in PM).
So no extensions in either Profile.
So I am in no way blocking "oath" or anything else - unless PM may be doing something by default.
Yahoo Mail PM27 FF38.png
Last edited by therube on 2018-06-22, 23:48, edited 4 times in total.

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Frasier » 2018-06-23, 00:03

Well, Yahoo just made a liar out of me. Now 'oath.com' doesn't need to be allowed. It did yesterday though when I made that post. I just logged in with 'oath.com' blocked (by default) and all worked fine.

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-26, 06:27

All these posts made me crank up my Yahoo mail account, which I hardly ever use. I run PM 27.9.2 on Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) SP1.

I think I have the Basic view, but I could not find any place which gave me an option. On the attacked image, I can access everything in the top header row (Harry, Home, etc.) In the actual mail section, I can OPEN any of the mail I have received, but that is it. I can't take any actions, like note it being read, delete it, etc. I am not sure what the 'check boxes' in the left hand column are supposed to do, but clicking on them opens the Email.

Running in Safe Mode had no effect. I have approved 'Oath' multiple times. For some reason Yahoo does not seem to know that.

I have not gone into about:config yet to try and use other information.

Any thoughts?

Harry
Attachments
YahooMailProblem.png

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-27, 06:47

therube wrote:(Just to note, FF 38 worked, just now. Not sure if I tested that, back when.)
I have FF 42, and Classic works fine there, as well as on Google Chrome.

I have lots of old portable versions of PM. From 26.5 through 27.3.1, You can put a check in the boxes to the left of the entries, but none of the options (Archive, Move, etc.) are displayed. Starting with 27.5.1, you get what I showed on the file I uploaded.

Harry

gordonrsk

Unread post by gordonrsk » 2018-06-27, 09:22

I have the same problem, I can read mails but not delete or forward or send.
The settings cog does not work.
I forbade all scripts and a window appeared giving the option to go back to classic mail.
Seems to be working, using 27.9.3 64bit on 10 pro x64 and 32bit on 7pro x64.
hope that helps

TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2018-06-27, 15:12

I do not know if this has anything to do with the Yahoo issues with Email some are having. I use Verizon FIOS as my ISP. Verizon own both Yahoo and AOL. Last year FIOS stopped supporting @verizon.net emails and had users migrate to AOL email which allowed us to keep our Verizon addys. I rely on Outlook to manage my emails and have since starting with Outlook Express. (Still the best version of Outlook for non-business users to date.)

Oath is the branding name associated with all the services from Yahoo. Last month Verizon announced they would roll all the AOL services into OATH as well. About a month ago I was contacted by AOL informing me of the new Oath plan and was told that I needed to sign a new Oath User Agreement or my service will stop. This specifically permits them to read all my Emails (in and out) and use them to advertise to me etc. I take them at their word that they can and will read all my emails. What I do not believe is that they will permit me to opt out of this after I sign the new UA even though they say this can be done. There is no reason for me to trust them. In fact, there is the exact opposite. I am in the process of moving to Protonmail.

The point of the above is I wonder if the issues some are having with Yahoo email might be related to this.

I got emails from AOL yesterday and today reminding me to . I went to work on my Proton account and they were down due to a massive DDoS attack. My bet is this is not necessarily an attack by "criminal" hackers but may be by a "democratic" government(s) which really hate the idea of encryption they can not easily crack?
From the Computer Business Review online: "Protonmail Hit By Yet Another DDoS Attack" https://www.cbronline.com/news/protonmail-ddos
Last edited by TwoTankAmin on 2018-06-27, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-27, 17:33

gordonrsk wrote:I have the same problem, I can read mails but not delete or forward or send.
The settings cog does not work.
I forbade all scripts and a window appeared giving the option to go back to classic mail.
Seems to be working, using 27.9.3 64bit on 10 pro x64 and 32bit on 7pro x64.
hope that helps
Interesting. I AM on Classic Email, and I have the problems noted in my several posts on this thread. The one thing I have not tried is changing the about:config settings.

Harry

Celanith

Unread post by Celanith » 2018-07-17, 05:58

I am having problems to with Yahoo email not working nor is parts of Facebook, Criagslist is also not working part of the time and Surveys I earn money with won't open all this has happened with the last upgrade of pale moon. Firefox works but it takes for ever to load a page or site. And it crashes. This is causing me loss of money for one as I sell things on Facebook and Craigslist and my emails to Yahoo won't open and see only part of them. The last so called upgrade is causing many of my online use in Yahoo, Facebook and Craigslist to not work or accept passwords or not loading right. When are we do for another upgrade. This sucks. :evil: :thumbdown:

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2018-07-17, 06:50

Celanith wrote: The last so called upgrade is causing many of my online use in Yahoo, Facebook and Craigslist to not work or accept passwords or not loading right.
Some of the issues mentioned are actually down to the so-called upgrades on some of the sites mentioned, see the other recent Topics here.

We are trying to fathom out which issues can be dealt with from our side and we are also busy trying to ensure that the next Pale Moon update will be as compatible as we can sensibly make it.
Last edited by satrow on 2018-07-17, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-07-17, 12:03

Celanith wrote:Surveys
Which survey site?