Freezing from resource usage spikes.

The place to report Pale Moon specific bugs on the Windows operating system.

Moderator: satrow

RexyDallas
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Freezing from resource usage spikes.

Unread postby RexyDallas » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 23:14

Some time ago, I made a bug report about random freezing. I now know that random freezing is caused by resource usage spikes. Though it doesn't always happen, when it starts happening, I have to restart the browser for it to stop happening. The browser will have CPU and memory spikes from basically any activity, including opening a new tab, typing text, navigating to a URL, or pausing/playing a YouTube video. Sometimes, it spikes for seemingly no reason.

To give an idea of how big the spike is, the idle CPU usage will be around, say, 10-15 percent, and the base ram usage will be 2,000-2,500MB. When I do basically anything, the CPU usage will spike to 30-35%, and the ram usage will spike to 3,000-3,500 MB.
Last edited by RexyDallas on Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 23:18, edited 5 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Freezing from resource usage spikes.

Unread postby Moonchild » Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 00:13

I'm sorry but we can't really do anything with your report as it doesn't contain any usable details.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

vannilla
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Freezing from resource usage spikes.

Unread postby vannilla » Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 06:50

Though we can always reccomend as usual to try using safe mode or a clean profile and report back.
Worst it can happen is that nothing changes.

Return to “Bug reports (Windows)”