Two Issues -- Disqus Comments & Javascript Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
beansandfranks

Two Issues -- Disqus Comments & Javascript

Unread post by beansandfranks » 2018-06-01, 15:46

Hi Folks,

Long-time user of Pale Moon.
I just updated to 27.9.2 and found two issues that I cannot solve:

1) Disqus Comments section of blogs does not load in PM. Example: https://metsmerizedonline.com/2018/05/m ... -710.html/

2) A website that I use requires Javascript to be enabled, and I cannot seem to do that in PM. Example: http://www.freestockcharts.com/platform/v1

These issues are not present in certain other browsers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
BF

beansandfranks

Re: Two Issues -- Disqus Comments & Javascript

Unread post by beansandfranks » 2018-06-01, 15:48

BTW -- These issues appeared when running PM in Safe Mode or regular mode. Thx

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2018-06-01, 17:09

Both working as expected here, W7/Pale Moon 27.9.2 x64/native UA/3rd party cookies only from visited/uBlockO.

You'll need to supply more details as per the Stickies to help you figure out any misconfiguration or specifics needed/missing.

beansandfranks

Unread post by beansandfranks » 2018-06-01, 19:44

Satrow,

Initially, I sent you a detailed reply, BUT then I checked my about:config and solved the issue myself!!
The problem was that I had set javascript:enabled to false.
When I toggled it to true, it solved both issues!

Maybe this solution will be helpful to other users who have similar issues!

Thanks again!

BF

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-06-01, 19:51

beansandfranks wrote:
2) A website that I use requires Javascript to be enabled, and I cannot seem to do that in PM. Example: http://www.freestockcharts.com/platform/v1

Put about:config in the address bar hit enter
type in the search box javascript.enabled and see if it is set to true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2018-06-01, 19:53

Good work, I've marked your post as Answered/Solved in the hope that it stands out for anyone else with that issue :thumbup: