Pale Moon Sync service

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Nirjonadda

Pale Moon Sync service

Unread post by Nirjonadda » 2018-04-30, 14:14

Pale Moon Sync service are not working. Getting error failed to connect to server. Please let me know that how to fix?

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: Pale Moon Sync service

Unread post by satrow » 2018-04-30, 14:49

Welcome :) Check your Sync server settings.

See the Announcement: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18932 and the follow up: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=18938

Nirjonadda

Unread post by Nirjonadda » 2018-05-01, 07:42

So Sync server address are not change automatically with Pale Moon new version update? Also I can not find out "services.sync.clusterURL"
ScreenShot00001.png
As well the server status is down, please go here: https://pmsync.palemoon.net/status/

Thanks
Last edited by Nirjonadda on 2018-05-01, 07:50, edited 2 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-01, 09:08

Looks like you are using an old version of Pale Moon.
Your status URL is the old address. Means that if you try to set up sync, you're likely also having the old address there.

Please update to the latest version of Pale Moon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Nirjonadda

Unread post by Nirjonadda » 2018-05-01, 11:13

How to update to the latest version of Pale Moon? Yesterday downloaded from Download (Windows web installer) and installed. Please can you let me know that what latest version no of Pale Moon?
ScreenShot00002.png
ScreenShot00003.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-01, 11:45

27.9.0 is the latest version. your URLs are also correct. I'm not sure where you get your "palemoon.net" address from.
Of note, you must have a clusterURL or otherwise it means that Sync was not set up. If it is still marked as set up, then please try unlinking and re-linking your browser.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-05-01, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Nirjonadda

Unread post by Nirjonadda » 2018-05-01, 12:53

I am trying to sign-in but can not.
ScreenShot00004.png

Nirjonadda

Unread post by Nirjonadda » 2018-05-01, 13:10

Moonchild wrote:I'm not sure where you get your "palemoon.net" address from.
This page are not updated?

http://www.palemoon.org/sync/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-01, 20:58

the "default Pale Moon Sync server" is the address in your preferences "services.sync.serverURL" -- and unless you have specifically changed that yourself, it will point to the palemoon.org domain in the latest versions of Pale Moon.

As for the link on the website, indeed it seems I forgot to update that -- thanks!
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-05-01, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

iang1

Unread post by iang1 » 2018-05-04, 16:09

I'm trying to sync bookmarks on a second windows computer with my recovery key from my first computer, but cannot connect to the server. I've already confirmed in about:config that sync is set to https://pmsync.palemoon.org/sync/index.php/
Thanks for any help
ScreenShot00004.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-04, 18:45

Are you using https filtering (antivirus/internet security)? Because if the https connection fails because of e.g. interception by the https filter, then you son't be able to connect.

What happens if you try to go to that URL with the browser directly?
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-05-04, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

Nirjonadda

Unread post by Nirjonadda » 2018-05-07, 10:12

I am getting error "Invalid request, this was not a firefox sync request!" with this URL: https://pmsync.palemoon.org/sync/index.php/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-07, 10:19

That's correct. So there is no problem connecting to the server, at all.
Well, I'm sorry but I'm out of ideas. If it works from the normal address bar, it should also work from the sync client.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-05-07, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

Nirjonadda

Unread post by Nirjonadda » 2018-05-07, 10:35

No, I can not still get working Sync now option. Getting error after clicking Sync now button.
ScreenShot00012.png

Tolyasho

Unread post by Tolyasho » 2018-05-07, 14:42

Nirjonadda, I had the same issue after clean istallation of 27.9.0 After the first sync "clusterURL" field somehow turned out to point to " https://pmsync.palemoon.NET/sync/index.php/" and all sync process just stopped with the same mistake as yours. And I had to manually fix "services.sync.clusterURL" adress from "NET" to "ORG". So in my case the working value is - services.sync.clusterURL- https://pmsync.palemoon.org/sync/index.php/. Check out yours one, may be it should be fixed, or create the same with that value.

Nirjonadda

Unread post by Nirjonadda » 2018-05-08, 08:06

Yes manually edit are fixed but Its should be fix automatically with new palemoon update.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-08, 12:36

Nirjonadda wrote:Yes manually edit are fixed but Its should be fix automatically with new palemoon update.
There is nothing to fix in Pale Moon. All URLs for the sync server are already pointing to the correct address.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-05-08, 13:05

I'm not very familiar with sync service, but let me guess: could it be that the incorrect clusterURL saved by browser on the sync server once before somehow overrides the correct new one while syncing?
Last edited by JustOff on 2018-05-08, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-08, 13:47

No, that's not possible because the ClusterURL is not a preference that gets synced.