Palemoon is slow to open Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
StayFan

Palemoon is slow to open

Unread post by StayFan » 2018-03-15, 19:46

Hi!

Everytime i open Palemoon it took exactly 20 seconds, why it took so long?

Any tips to open Palemoon faster?

Vista 64bits

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Palemoon is slow to open

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-03-15, 20:01

I cannot believe for one moment that people actually time how long it takes for a browser to open .
Do you have a lot of extensions installed.?
Try cleaning your cache and then try opening palemoon with extensions disabled as one (if any) could be causing a slight delay.

I use linux lite and palemoon is up and running within approximately 5 secs.
maybe your operating system might be a cause also as vista is getting on a bit now.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2018-03-15, 20:15

Pale Moon is opening fast (faster than Firefox) but depends of how many tabs (windows) have you.
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2018-03-15, 21:40

When I turn on my PC first thing in the morning and then open PM it takes around 20 sec. as well even with a new profile but then I shut it down and reopen it only takes a couple sec.

So "StayFan" try that and see what happens.

StayFan

Unread post by StayFan » 2018-03-15, 22:45

Ok thank's for your replies!

"Moonraker" i opened palemoon with extensions disabled and Palemoon opened instantly! lol

So i guest i have to find the nasty add-on

To Moonraker: i like to test a lot of free software so i have to closed down Palemoon often during the installations of these softwares to avoid a restart of my computer so that's why i find it annoying to wait 20 seconds everytime...

( "troypulk" didn't working for me! )

("badnick") i opened it with just 1 tab open and didn't open faster )

Al6bus
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Al6bus » 2018-03-16, 06:04

Maybe ABPrime? :think:
Windows 7 Pro x64 - Pale Moon x64
We hope for multiprocessing

StayFan

Unread post by StayFan » 2018-03-16, 17:21

Al6bus wrote:Maybe ABPrime? :think:
oh my god...Yes it is! Thank you Al6bus! :clap:

i removed ABPrime and Palemoon now open in 1 sec...

Hope there is an alternative to ABPrime!

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-16, 18:13

People don't read part 10: Reading dies

http://addons.palemoon.org/addon/abprime/ wrote:ABPrime being a normal Toolkit/Overlay extensions means that unlike many Bootstrapped extensions it will load everything, including the filters, at application startup. This will have the cost of increased startup time depending on your selected filter lists. Though, this has the added benefit of ensuring that blocking is complete ready to go and active before the initial window spawns or any pages are loaded.

DavidSweden

Unread post by DavidSweden » 2018-10-24, 19:31

If u disable the filter subscription for ABPrime and add only the specific filters you need manually then PM with ABprime starts considerably faster, I got down from 21 to 6 secs.

It is not that hard to add filters manually, either do "A" or "B":
A) Disable subscription. Go to site, press ctrl+shift+V, sort by type, go through all lines that are scripts and find the ones with "ad" in the name, press enter, choose a filter that matches what u see but as short as possible with asterix at the end. Press ctrl+R to check if works
B) Enable subscription. Go to site, press ctrl+shift+V, identify all lines of type script that have active filters and copy those filters

I find "A" is easiest in general but I used "B" for YouTube since it requires a bunch of filters
Last edited by DavidSweden on 2018-10-24, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.