Clicking the notification pop-up does not bring the browser to front and does not switch tab

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
CaptainFlint

Clicking the notification pop-up does not bring the browser to front and does not switch tab

Unread post by CaptainFlint » 2018-03-14, 13:58

The issue has been reported two years ago but the topic is closed now:
viewtopic.php?t=11915

However, the issue is still present. When a web-site brings a notification, I expect that by clicking this notification will bring the browser to front and switch the tab to the one associated with the notification. In Firefox it definitely works this way, but not in Pale Moon. Clicking simply does nothing, except for discarding the notification pop-up (the same as if I just click the "close" button in its top-right corner). Application window is not changed, and the tab is not switched.

Example sites where I reproduced that:
* http://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html (test page from the previous report)
* Slack (running with changed User-Agent, as it refuses to start otherwise)
* there definitely were some other sites, but at the moment I cannot remember exactly which ones (probably, Discord, Twitch…)

Browser version: 27.7.2 and 27.8.1, both 64-bit portable

CaptainFlint

Re: Clicking the notification pop-up does not bring the browser to front and does not switch tab

Unread post by CaptainFlint » 2018-03-14, 16:04

Thanks!
For the future, is it the preferred way to report bugs directly on GitHub?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Clicking the notification pop-up does not bring the browser to front and does not switch tab

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-14, 16:11

Not really.. We tend to use the forum as a buffer before filing githib issues.

CaptainFlint

Unread post by CaptainFlint » 2018-09-03, 14:08

I think this fix was somehow lost in 28.0.x. After I updated, the pop-ups no longer switch me to the browser and/or tab.