PM Plugin Container Fails in PM 28.8.0

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
beansandfranks

PM Plugin Container Fails in PM 28.8.0

Unread post by beansandfranks » 2018-03-03, 18:56

>>> POST REPEATED HERE FROM GENERAL FORUM <<<
(Sorry for posting in the wrong area)

Hi Folks,

I have been a PM user for years. Love it! Recommend it to others.
Thanks to Markus and others who contribute. Your work is greatly appreciated!

PM is very helpful in a Silverlight app in websites. Example: freestockcharts.com
(http://www.freestockcharts.com/platform/v1)

I have been using PM at that website successfully for years. All works well.

Anyway, today I updated to PM 28.8.0 32bit and afterward, the Plug-in Container failed on that website. It also lost all my saved formats.

Forced me to uninstall 28.8.0 and reinstall 27.7.2 32bit. I'm in the midst of recreating all my saved Silverlight formats in freestockcharts.com

I run a Windows 7 64bit OS and am very careful in updating the OS (gotta be with Microsoft! ;<))

When the Plugin Container failed, I allowed the software to send the info back to you guys.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved.

Again, I very much appreciate all you hard work.

BF
Last edited by beansandfranks on 2018-03-03, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM Plugin Container Fails in PM 28.8.0

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-03, 19:09

I'm running the same combination on my main workstation (27.8.0-x86 on Win7-x64) and there's no issue at all that I can see.
Please check for any other plugins you may have active unintentionally, and check for updates to extensions (apparently there was a report that greasemonkey caused an issue if not updated)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

beansandfranks

Re: PM Plugin Container Fails in PM 28.8.0

Unread post by beansandfranks » 2018-03-05, 02:45

Thanks for your reply, Markus.
I tried it in (a) PM with the few addons/extensions I use and in (b) PM, Safe Mode. Same result.

For now, I'm going to have to stick with 27.7.2 because I can't afford to be unable to resolve the issue.

When the next iteration of PM arrives, I'll try that version and see what happens.

Thanks again for your help, and I really appreciate all your hard work. I'm a huge fan!

Best,
BF