Facebook videos...

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
jshawley

Facebook videos...

Unread post by jshawley » 2018-02-21, 20:52

Good afternoon.
I've noticed that recently when I click on someone's FB videos, they don't play; instead, they just open up as though they were a photo, with the ">" arrow overlaying the picture, but again, no play. I tried Firefox, and they do play on it.

Also, on oreillyauto.com (an auto parts store), when I log in I get this message: "Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.oreillyauto.com/signin?" on this server.

Reference #18.330fd717.1519246320.10ad2465"

Again, doing so on Firefox works fine.

Thanks for your help. Jim

hitokage
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Facebook videos...

Unread post by hitokage » 2018-02-22, 16:40

I can't help with this Facebook problem, but here's how to make the O’Reilly's (and Macy's which also does this stupidness) site work:
Make a back-up of your Pale Moon profile - just in case (otherwise it's not my fault if anything goes wrong).

In a new tab type "about:config" (without the quotes)

Right click, select New, then select String

You will get a pop-up box that says "Enter the preference name" - paste or type in "general.useragent.override.oreillyauto.com" (without the quotes), and press OK

You'll get another pop-up box for a value for that preference - paste or type in "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.4 Firefox/99.9 PaleMoon/27.7.2" (without the quotes), and press OK

Close the about:config tab, go to Tools -> Preferences, select Privacy, on the History tab click "remove individual cookies", search for "oreillyauto.com" (without the quotes), and either click "Remove Cookie" until the list is empty or press and hold the shift key and click the last entry (which will highlight them all - release the shift key) and then click "Remove Cookie"

Their website should now work - and even let you login.

The reason for removing their cookies - their site and Macy's check the useragent, if they don't like it for some reason, they set a cookie the makes none of the website work - effectively blocking you from using a web browser that isn't on their "approved" list.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-02-24, 00:03

How about posting a link to one of that Facebook pages with videos if possible? ;)

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-02-24, 18:39

Try disabling your ad-blocker, and also try Help/Restart in Safe Mode.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-02-25, 16:27

Btw. if you are a Windows 10 user - follow that tutorial here, which makes several video pages stop playing videos if not removed as described here!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17704
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-02-25, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

sunclad

Unread post by sunclad » 2018-04-22, 17:37

Palemoon 27.9 X64
Windows 10 X64

I have a similar but different problem.

When a video is embedded in Facebook it will start to play. Then at the midpoint where a commercial is embedded, it will play the commercial, but when the commercial is completed, it will not resume the video. All you get is the spinning wheel.

I've tried opening the video in a new tab or page but the same issue persists.

Other videos play fine. This only seems to happen when the video has the commercial advertisement about halfway through. Reloading the page also doesn't help.