27.7.2 high cpu consume

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
gagagigo

27.7.2 high cpu consume

Unread post by gagagigo » 2018-02-13, 20:43

Sorry for the bad english :3
After installing a recent version, 27.7.2 I noticed an absurd rise in CPU consumption and this happens even without doing anything, even being just in the "about: home".

>>>Try to reproduce the bug. Restart your PC, load up the browser, clear your cache and cookies, and see if it wasn't a fluke.
Not only did I do this as I reinstalled the whole browser, deleting its vestiges before and the same problem persists. Obviously I tested with and without the add-ons.
>>>Check, if possible, on a different computer if the bug occurs as well. If not, include this information in your bug report!
I tested the same version in Windows Vista and the problem was not found. I must say that I installed the previous version (27.7.1) in Windows 7 and consumption returned to normal.
>>>Make a note of the exact steps to reproduce the bug.
I simply have to open the browser and it already starts consuming 20~40% of my cpu. Previously it only consumed 0~3%.
>>>Do a search on Mozilla's Bugzilla to see if the bug is known, and if so write down the bug number. Try a few searches at least with different relevant keywords, as not all of the bugs there have logical or directly related titles.
I did not find much that I could relate to this situation.
>>>Your Operating system
Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1).
>>>The exact version of Pale Moon you are using (desktop/portable. 32/64 bits, exact version number)
Desktop - 64 bits - Version 27.7.2.
>>>Basic hardware information if relevant: CPU, graphics card, amount of RAM
CPU/APU: AMD A4-6300 - RAM: 4 GB - SSD: SANDISK 120 GB
>>>A description of the problem
As I said, I just upgraded to the latest version and with a day of use I noticed increases in consumption.
I do not know how to expose the problem, it just happened.

For now I will use the previous version. :thumbup:

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: 27.7.2 high cpu consume

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-02-13, 22:22

Try to deactivate hardware acceleration :)