Notification bar is shown in fullscreen mode Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
freefrog

Notification bar is shown in fullscreen mode

Unread post by freefrog » 2018-01-04, 11:08

Pale Moon version: 27.6.2 x64

Apparently notification bar is not being hidden on transition to fullscreen mode. While this bug does not impact performance of the browser, the small white bar at the bottom is extremely annoying when watching HTML5 videos in fullscreen mode. This bar is hidden when watching flash video or any video that requires NPAPI plugin.

More information and screenshots can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17707
Fix was already implemented in Firefox 35, patch and additional info is here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1076626

userChrome.css with the following content fixes the problem on both Win 7 and Gentoo.

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#main-window[inFullscreen] #global-notificationbox,
#main-window[inFullscreen] #high-priority-global-notificationbox {
  visibility: collapse;
}

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Notification bar is shown in fullscreen mode

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-01-10, 03:35

Hello, it's me, from that forum thread you linked. Good job on finding that BigZilla bug. I went ahead and made a pull request on GitHub. (I'm not sure if I should have opened an issue first, but I put in an explanatory comment and linked both forum threads and the BugZilla bug in the commit description and pull request comment.)

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-01-13, 22:13

Update: The pull request has been merged, so the fix should be in the next release. :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-13, 22:42

Well, not in the next release which is in the release stage already, but the one after that ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-01-13, 22:45

Ah, right, okay. Is this true for all versions with a "RelBranch" (changes made to the master branch after the branch point will not be present in that release)?
Last edited by SpockFan02 on 2018-01-13, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-13, 22:58

It depends.. It depends on the priority of the patch and depends if we are in release engineering stage.. ie builds already built, tags already tagged. In general, final testing and release validation happens in the week leading up to a release.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-01-13, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-01-14, 02:33

Alright, good to know, thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-14, 09:27

As a rule of thumb only critical impact patches (from either a user experience or security/stability perspective) will be uplifted to the RelBranch once it has split off. An extra border in full screen doesn't really classify as such, even if the patch itself is low-impact.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

freefrog

Unread post by freefrog » 2018-03-03, 14:39

SpockMan02 wrote:Hello, it's me, from that forum thread you linked. Good job on finding that BigZilla bug. I went ahead and made a pull request on GitHub. (I'm not sure if I should have opened an issue first, but I put in an explanatory comment and linked both forum threads and the BugZilla bug in the commit description and pull request comment.)
Thanks for submitting the pull request. Unfortunately, I was extremely busy for quite a while and couldn't do any coding or testing. Just tested Pale Moon 27.8.0 on both affected systems and can confirm that the issue is finally solved.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-03, 14:54

Thanks for the verification.