Twitch website is totally bugged Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
SGvagon

Twitch website is totally bugged

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-12-21, 20:04

Hello,

twitch starts new design of the web, and all CSS elements are out of the positions (include chat window) .
And when I hide chat window, I can't restore it

Thank you in advance for any help or solution.

SGvagon

Re: Twitch website is totally bugged

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-12-21, 20:08

And sometimes I can't see player elements (play, volume, fullscreen buttons, ... ) .

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-12-23, 12:13

See: Issue #1468

I'm not sure whose bright idea it was at Twitch to use inline-flex inside Button elements, because it makes very little sense to do so. Buttons are NOT designed to be large-area elements with all sorts of complex layout flow inside of them. That's what we have DIVs for. Also, this is unspecced behavior, and it only works in mainstream browsers because they aimed to have parity there.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-12-24, 02:34

Ok, so I will wait for some reaction from twitch site.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-12-24, 02:46

It's already fixed in the latest unstable. Will be in the next version of Pale Moon.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2018-01-23, 22:02

Ok after update on Palemoon 27.7.0 Twitch website is OK, but Twitch player is still gone all buttons.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-01-23, 22:17

In Flash mode and using Pale Moon unstable i can see the buttons.
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-01-23, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2018-01-24, 16:50

Why you have all flash players on twitch :-/ . Twitch runs on HTML5 player! For 60FPS streams.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-01-24, 19:15

Because i refuse to use the MSE HTML 5 specification.

Anyway, Twitch is indeed broken button wise when using MSE - i only can guess as Twitch is a page which constantly loves to insert latest "shinies and web-drafts" instead of well working standards, that this causes the page to break in parts.

If you want to enjoy such pages, you should install and use http://www.basilisk-browser.org/ for this one. As soon as UXP (which is the "driving force" of Basilisk") finds its way over to Pale Moon the page will work most likely on Pale Moon too again. But until that, install Basilisk as work-around for annoying pages like that.

For now, because of some so called essential new ecmascript features which are missing in Pale Moon at the moment - for a bunch of pages, a secondary browser is right now the only recommended solution in my opinion.
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-01-24, 21:53, edited 5 times in total.

Rich3w

Unread post by Rich3w » 2018-01-27, 22:13

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /twitch_5/

Is an excellent extension for watching twitch streams. Well worth trying if you use twitch a lot.

Last working version for Pale Moon is 2017.10.14 (a few later ones may work with he tester tool - I haven't tried).

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2018-02-03, 20:01

Now the Twitch clips create not work (Create clip icon in player) . It only shows this table Image
:? and clip not create.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-02-03, 21:05

SGvagon wrote:Now the Twitch clips create not work (Create clip icon in player) . It only shows this table Image
:? and clip not create.
As said, until Pale Moon switches to UXP - use Basilisk for this page. Pale Moon has right now an incomplete webstandard support while pages like Twitch demand the most modern webstandards. So, Pale Moon has issues right now.

For more informations, visit http://kangax.github.io/compat-table/es6/ - that is about what i am talking.
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-02-03, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2018-02-04, 05:53

Before a week this function worked, so maybe Twitch did some changes. Ok so I will use Twitch on FF ESR.