On-screen keyboard does not automatically appear when touching forms and text boxes in tablet mode Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
fidelis1

On-screen keyboard does not automatically appear when touching forms and text boxes in tablet mode

Unread post by fidelis1 » 2017-12-04, 18:33

On-screen keyboard does not automatically appear when touching forms and text boxes in tablet mode

Your Operating system:
Windows_NT 10.0 / Edition Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.98

The exact version of Pale Moon you are using (desktop/portable. 32/64 bits, exact version number):
desktop, 64 bits, 27.6.2, 20171124072126

Basic hardware information if relevant:
New Surface Pro 2017, Intel Core i7-7660U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 16GB Dual Channel RAM

A description of the problem:
The on-screen keyboard does not automatically appear when touching forms and text boxes in tablet mode on Windows 10. Pale Moon is one of the few browser I've used that does this. It works just fine with Edge, Chrome and Firefox. The only other browsers that I have used that exhibit this behavior are Vivaldi and Brave.

Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Use a Windows 10 tablet such as a Surface Pro without the keyboard attached.

2. Touch a form or text box and you’ll see the on-screen keyboard does not automatically appear as it does in other browsers.

Expected result:
The on-screen keyboard should automatically pop-up when touching forms and text boxes on websites.

Actual result:
The on-screen keyboard does not show up automaticall when touching forms and text boxes.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: On-screen keyboard does not automatically appear when touching forms and text boxes in tablet mode

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-12-05, 08:34

See Issue #277.
Patches welcome!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

fidelis1

Re: On-screen keyboard does not automatically appear when touching forms and text boxes in tablet mode

Unread post by fidelis1 » 2018-01-05, 15:18

Moonchild wrote:See Issue #277.
Patches welcome!
Thank you for the response. I apologize, as I did not realize this was a known issue. The confirmation that it is not just something occurring on my end is appreciated.