Display bug on all Amazon sites Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Beren

Display bug on all Amazon sites

Unread post by Beren » 2017-12-04, 01:40

It's not a bug that affects functionality, but it makes the "comments" section of the site look messy

This is how it is displayed in Pale Moon:
Amazon on Pale Moon.jpg
/ The information is "piled up" instead of being arranged in one horizontal

line, like it appears in Flaspeak Slimjet (and so I guess Chrome) :
Amazon on Slimjet.jpg

It's not specific to PM because I tried it in IE 11 and it has the same problem...

GMforker

Re: Display bug on all Amazon sites

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-12-04, 17:40

Pale Moon does not support "grids" (CSS).

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-12-04, 22:48

GMforker wrote:Pale Moon does not support "grids" (CSS).
Yet.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-12-08, 17:55

GMforker wrote:Pale Moon does not support "grids" (CSS).
Apparently neither does FF --- I get the same thing in both Pale Moon and FF...

Works in Basilisk and Chrome however:
Basilisk Amazon Reviews.png
Basilisk Browser (Chrome looks similar).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Cassette
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Cassette » 2017-12-09, 11:43

Is that the problem? I'm looking at it in Pale Moon 27.6.2 and it looks fine.
amazon.jpg

Beren

Unread post by Beren » 2017-12-10, 01:56

Amazon made some changes to their sites recently, and the display bug was coming from those changes; but now I can see that they made another change that solved the problem: back to normal! :thumbup:

2017-12-09

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-12-10, 05:03

^ Yea, I didn't recall a problem with this before but assumed I just didn't notice -- so yes it was a temporary glitch --- back to normal. :thumbup:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising