Double window opens with pdf's Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Double window opens with pdf's

Unread post by cartel » 2017-11-12, 15:55

When a instance of PM is already open and I go to open a pdf file, 2 windows of the pdf open.
If I close all PM instances and open a pdf, it works as expected.

I use the sumatra plugin and never noticed this behavior before 27.6.0
ImageImage

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: Double window opens with pdf's

Unread post by satrow » 2017-11-12, 20:05

Known issues in the current version:

Pale Moon launches twice when opening a URL from the command-line/other program.
This is a regression introduced in 27.6.0 due to an incorrect workaround for new window focus.
Workaround: None, but you can use the unstable version in the meantime if this is a breaking issue.
Timeline: Fixed in v27.6.1
Could you test this with the unstable version to see if it fixes it?

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2017-11-13, 05:45

:thumbup: fixed

thank you
ImageImage

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2017-11-13, 16:13

satrow wrote:
Known issues in the current version:

Pale Moon launches twice when opening a URL from the command-line/other program.
This is a regression introduced in 27.6.0 due to an incorrect workaround for new window focus.
Workaround: None, but you can use the unstable version in the meantime if this is a breaking issue.
Timeline: Fixed in v27.6.1
Could you test this with the unstable version to see if it fixes it?

Call me crazy but after I installed the platform update, the double window doesn't happen anymore.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17282
ImageImage