Youtube stuck at 360p Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
chickenman

Youtube stuck at 360p

Unread post by chickenman » 2017-11-03, 20:40

Ever since yesterday I noticed that every video defaults to 360p on Youtube, and if I click the settings icon (the gear icon) to change to a higher resolution in only displays "360p" as an option.
Your Operating system - WINDOWS 10 PRO
The exact version of Pale Moon you are using (desktop/portable. 32/64 bits, exact version number) DESKTOP 27.5.1 (64-Bit)
Basic hardware information if relevant: CPU, graphics card, amount of RAM - Intel i7-7700 CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5, G.SKILL Aegis 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000)
A description of the problem - Whenever I try to watch a video on Youtube it defaults to 360p resolution and if I click the settings icon in the bottom right corner of the video window (the gear icon) to change to a higher resolution the only option available is "360p" as well as one additional selectable option above it which is called "Missing Options?" which if clicked takes me to another page titled "YouTube videos missing quality options on this browser" which suggests I upgrade to a newer version of Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc in order to view videos normally. It's weird because I've never encountered this problem until yesterday.
Bugzilla bug number if found - N/A
Steps to reproduce the problem - Go to youtube.com, attempt to watch any video, click settings icon and attempt to change it from 360p to a higher resolution, it shows 360p being the only option
Expected result - being able to watch new videos in 1080p
Actual result - only able to watch videos in 360p with no option of changing to a higher resolution

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Youtube stuck at 360p

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-03, 20:54

Some people have reported this as being a side effect of certain codecs being installed/not installed.
Please do a search on the forum for related threads and potential solutions offered there.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sbrillo

Unread post by Sbrillo » 2018-01-29, 18:44

i'm having exactly the same problem and there is no way to solve it. I downloaded several versions of flash.. i dont know what else can be done.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-01-29, 19:58

Windows 10 and video playback issues can be solved with that one here most of the time:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17704

Search for HEVC VideoExtension and remove it from Windows 10 :)
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-01-29, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.