Cannot login on NVIDIA's forum with PM 27.5.1

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
dinosaur
Fanatic
Fanatic

Cannot login on NVIDIA's forum with PM 27.5.1

Unread post by dinosaur » 2017-11-01, 10:00

Greetings,

It looks like PM 27.5.1 got a bug in Javascipt, that prevents it from login in on NVIDIA's forum. At first, the login form appears to work, but then once you pressed the login button in the form, you are left still un-logged on the site and cannot attempt another relog before first clearing all cookies.

In the Javascript error console, you then see this error:

Code: Select all

Error: InvalidAccessError: A parameter or an operation is not supported by the underlying object
Source File: https://developer.nvidia.com/register/dz-auth.js
Line: 134
PM 27.4 was working fine in this respect (or at least, I did not have troubles login in with it on NVIDIA's forum back then, but perhaps NVIDIA changed their scripts since that time).

Of course, I attempted the usual test with a blank PM profile and without any extension loaded, with the same result.
The bug also exists in PM for Linux (it seems OS-agnostic).

dinosaur
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Cannot login on NVIDIA's forum with PM 27.5.1

Unread post by dinosaur » 2017-11-08, 17:53

Bump !

Same issue with PM 27.6.0, alas.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-11-08, 18:21

Since clean profile did not help, this may not work. But, do you have third-party cookies enabled? Looks like they are using auth0 service for sign-on.

dinosaur
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by dinosaur » 2017-11-10, 01:06

adesh wrote:Since clean profile did not help, this may not work. But, do you have third-party cookies enabled? Looks like they are using auth0 service for sign-on.
Like I explained, I tried with a *blank* profile/configuration. So, yes, all cookies were enabled. Also, this never proved to be a problem with other browsers (Cyberfox works fine, Firefox works fine, etc).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-10, 14:47

We were spec compliant before. Unfortunately all browsers but Firefox failed to implement the standard properly, so ultimately, the spec was changed (Boo!) to allow withCredentials in synchronous mode, making us no longer spec compliant now. This does not change the fact that synchronous XMLHttpRequest is deprecated.

Unstable has this spec change implemented. I'd appreciate it if someone can actually test this "in the wild" with the latest unstable.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dinosaur
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by dinosaur » 2017-11-11, 13:00

Moonchild wrote:Unstable has this spec change implemented. I'd appreciate it if someone can actually test this "in the wild" with the latest unstable.
I applied a patch for the corresponding commit to PM sources for my personal Linux build, and the resulting binary works again just fine with NVIDIA's forum login code.

Great work ! :D