No Twitter Hashtags

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
IanDSamson

No Twitter Hashtags

Unread post by IanDSamson » 2017-09-28, 06:48

I gladly updated to 27.5 x64 on Windows Vista.
Read a tweet that had no hashtags, so I asked.
Weird that the poster's browser (unknown) would show hashtags but Pale Moon does not.
Same Twitter Conversation, one shows hashtags, Pale Moon doesn't.
Attachments
PaleMoon_No_Hashtags.png
Another_Browser_With_Hashtags.png

Terryphi

Re: No Twitter Hashtags

Unread post by Terryphi » 2017-09-28, 08:32

Yes., I have seen this behaviour too on Linux. I first became aware when tweets appeared to have words missing in the text. Checking with a different browser I found that the missing words were hashtags.

Terryphi

Unread post by Terryphi » 2017-09-28, 14:22

After further research I have found that the hashtags are not visible when using Adblock Latitude or Adblock Prime with the Fanboy's Annoyances LIst filter. Strangely the hashtags are visible using Adblock Plus in Firefox with the same filters.

IanDSamson

Unread post by IanDSamson » 2017-10-02, 08:48

Right, disabled Adblock Latitude and suddenly Hashtags appear in Twitter.
Consequently it's an Adblock Latitude problem.
How do we fix that?

Terryphi

Unread post by Terryphi » 2017-10-02, 09:51

I disabled the Fanboy's Annoyances List filter and Adblock Latitude showed the hashtags correctly. I believe this filter has caused previous problems so best without it.