JS doesn't work properly. Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
ambivalence

JS doesn't work properly.

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-03, 18:24

This site requires authorisation with social nets, but this is the only way you could see what's wrong with it. Pay attention to its clocks

https://timestripe.com

Other browsers work alright.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: JS doesn't work properly.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-03, 20:22

You'll have to be more specific.
All functions of the website (which seems to be some artsy approach to a calendar and clock, with some vague message to look forward) seem to be working just fine. The clock runs properly and is accurate.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-03, 20:34

Sorry, I didn't expect you won't be able to reproduce it. So, here it is. As you can see, I've accidentally noticed that working of this script linked with my cursor behavior. It could be even funny a bit (but not).

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-03, 20:42

Tested it with clean profile. It works properly indeed. It looks like I have to kill some time on the migration.

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-03, 21:31

I've just made global reset via «Pale Moon Commander», got the needed config back manually. Timestripe works properly. Probably, it was some interference with firefox's prefs.js.

(however, it was funny behavior on the gif)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-03, 23:39

So, you just copied Firefox's profile and expected it to work; do I understand that correctly?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-04, 13:53

Yep. And it did work, mostly. Sorry to bother.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-04, 13:58

http://www.palemoon.org/faq.shtml#How_d ... ng_Firefox
Unfortunately, due to Mozilla's incessant changes to the different storage formats of data in the profile, that are not directly compatible with Pale Moon and regularly cause issues, we currently do not have an easy way to import existing Firefox profiles as a whole.
You can, however, import your bookmarks by first exporting them from Firefox (Bookmarks -> Show all Bookmarks -> Import and backup -> Export bookmarks to HTML), then importing them in Pale Moon (in the same location, but then choose "Import bookmarks from HTML").
Other data like stored passwords can possibly be exported/imported using extensions.

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-04, 15:29

I've found that «Use hardware/GPU for vsync timing» was causing the subj problem.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-05, 11:19

It's off by default for a reason. :)

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-09, 17:35

Decided not to create another one thread:

http://guessthecorrelation.com/

Is it truly unsupported or the site checks for our user agent and rejects pale moon blindly?

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-09-09, 22:13

ambivalence wrote:Is it truly unsupported or the site checks for our user agent and rejects pale moon blindly?
Site appears to work for me with native user agent.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-09, 22:43

ambivalence wrote:Decided not to create another one thread:
If it's unrelated, then creating a new thread is normally the way to go.

The game works just fine.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-09-09, 22:49

It works for me with any UA setting - native, compat or Gecko, provided local storage is enabled (dom.storage.enabled = true).
Gives a "not supported" message if local storage is disabled.

Trynn

Unread post by Trynn » 2017-10-01, 01:12

Moonchild wrote:http://www.palemoon.org/faq.shtml#How_d ... ng_Firefox
Unfortunately, due to Mozilla's incessant changes to the different storage formats of data in the profile, that are not directly compatible with Pale Moon and regularly cause issues, we currently do not have an easy way to import existing Firefox profiles as a whole.
You can, however, import your bookmarks by first exporting them from Firefox (Bookmarks -> Show all Bookmarks -> Import and backup -> Export bookmarks to HTML), then importing them in Pale Moon (in the same location, but then choose "Import bookmarks from HTML").
Other data like stored passwords can possibly be exported/imported using extensions.
I have tried this several times and it isn't working for me. Am using FF v50.0.1 and the newest Pale Moon, but it didn't work with the previous PM either (just a couple versions back). I export from FF to HTML, then Import in PM and I get an hourglass for a moment, then it disappears, and nothing. Thanks for any help as to what I might be doing wrong.

PS What appears in the toolbar of PM is "Library (not responding)"
(Would have edited original post but I'm new so it has to be moderated before it appears.)

Moderator Note: Merged the two posts in one.