Middle click enables horisontal scrolling.

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
ambivalence

Middle click enables horisontal scrolling.

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-03, 14:25

Pretty annoying thing was found. I always use middle click to scroll long pages. In some cases it just scrolls to the top, so I need to scroll pages from the beginning.

ps. Tried to open the gif in the browser, so it runs it with awful lags. Including attachments with my addons just to be sure.
Attachments
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Middle click enables horisontal scrolling.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-03, 15:17

I notice that your autoscrolling cursor is 4-way instead of 2-way; that's not standard, and probably the root of this issue.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-09-03, 16:15

Yeah, the autoscrolling cursor is only supposed to turn into a 4-way one when a horizontal scrollbar is visible at the bottom of the browser window.
Under normal circumstances, you can easely test this by resizing the browser window until such a scrollbar appears.
Considering the insane amount of extensions that you're using, I'd say that there's a fair chance that the issue is caused by one of them.

Try this:
Go to about:config and search for "mousewheel" or "scroll"..
If any of Pale Moon's default settings have been modified, they will be shown with bold text.
To restore a default value, simply right-click on the modified string and select "Reset".

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-03, 17:23

I've noticed the 4-way sroller too, but all the settings are set to default. I've also used «SmoothWheel» addon for a while, but now it's turned off. Is there a setting to turn 4-way scroller, just to try?

upd: not every page behaves this crazy. sometimes it's just scrolls to the top all suddenly. the page of this thread scrolls pretty well, although that 4-way thing is still here.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-09-03, 17:29

I have similar problem with middle click. The arrows cursor shows me very often after on second middle click. Scroll works, but the cursor not shows up.
This cursor

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-03, 17:41

one more gif, with accidental lags resetting pages to the top (sorry for the mindblowing rotation). and there's no horizontal scrollbar, btw. «SmoothWheel» doesn't make it worse – probably even better (but I turn it off for testing reasons).

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-03, 22:01

Resetting the config via Pale Moon Commander solved the problem. Although 4-way scroller is still here.

ambivalence

Unread post by ambivalence » 2017-09-04, 13:57

[ deleted ]

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-06, 13:54

Caused by enabling experimental features.

IOW: you got singed by the dragons.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite