Cannot add items to cart Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Nixal

Cannot add items to cart

Unread post by Nixal » 2017-08-15, 15:34

This is concerning Pale Moon 27.4.1 32-bit on Windows 7.

The issue happens on this site: https://www.gents.se - It's in Swedish, but there are options for other languages as well.

I am trying to place items in my cart, but when I try to do so, no item is actually added. "Something" happens, as I can see activity in the status bar whenever I try to add something. However, I noticed that if I "spam" the button to add to cart and press it repeatedly the item does get added eventually.

I have tried to clear the browser's cache, and even tried removing it completely and doing a clean reinstall (as well as restarting the computer), but the problem remains.

It worked fine on previous versions of Pale Moon, but I can't remember which version I used the last time I made an order from that store. I'm thinking that maybe an update to Pale Moon somehow interferes with trying to add items, and if so then maybe other sites are affected as well.

I contacted the store's customer service but they can't find anything wrong on their end.

I hope the problem doesn't only occur for me. I guess I can spam the button or use another browser, but I'd of course prefer to simply use Pale Moon like usual.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Cannot add items to cart

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-08-19, 03:12

Try it with a new profile and see if the problem disappears. (Backup your old profile!)

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-08-19, 08:32

Confirmed, but this works:

"about:config"

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.gents.se = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-08-19, 09:10

You should then contact the site admin.

@helloimustbegoing: Create a new profile doesnt delete any other

Nixal

Unread post by Nixal » 2017-08-20, 07:46

Hmm, that does not seem to work for me. I cleared everything and added the override but the problem remains. Very odd.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-08-20, 08:14

Nixal wrote:Hmm, that does not seem to work for me. I cleared everything and added the override but the problem remains. Very odd.
Yes, it works after the page is reloaded, sometimes.

Also throws an error in Browser Console:

Code: Select all

ReferenceError: event is not defined
application.b0db3aae77.js:10:20284
Btw, Firefox 49-57 Nightly [e10s on]: Two products are placed in the cart (at one time, instead of one).
Firefox [e10s off]: Sometimes it works and sometimes does not work.

Nixal

Unread post by Nixal » 2017-08-21, 06:35

Yes, that's the result I'm getting. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The override doesn't seem to make a difference.

Maybe it's a problem with newer Mozilla code if Firefox is affected as well.