Palemoon freezing and hanging on Facebook again

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Palemoon freezing and hanging on Facebook again

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2017-07-27, 15:46

I can't tag people in comments but can in 'create a post', been like that since 27.4 update. No biggie though.

Win 8.1 (x64)
PM 27.4 (x64)

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-07-27, 15:52

Ok, today FB button works perfectly! FB maybe did some fix for this.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2017-07-29, 20:27

I also used to suffer from this issue, but Facebook has been behaving well all day in this regard.

Off-topic:
I too can not tag friends in posts, but have been unable to do that for a few versions and many months now. I rarely miss the feature, and expect it will start working again some day.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-03, 08:38

And thus it becomes clear once again that people too quickly blame the browser for something a website has changed.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-08-03, 16:19

I had this problem week ago than I typed this problem on this forum. So this problem I had about a month. It's not too quickly :| .

Gyphon49

Unread post by Gyphon49 » 2017-08-19, 16:52

I am also having this issue AGAIN and it has been like that for some time, the last 3 builds to be exact.
I did a CLEAN install on this machine the other day and installed the LATEST 27.4.1 and it is doing it again.
I did fix this at one stage but, then it would do a spell check after that no matter what I did?

I do NOT believe this is an isolated incident and I also don't think facebook is causing it??

Any ideas?

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2017-08-19, 22:07

Facebook has been nothing but a PITA for me using PM. I did find out that NoScript caused a lot of the grief and I just uninstalled it and depend on Sandboxie for my protection. Websites overly rely on tons of JS and NoScript, while nice in its day has become too much of a burden to bear. I even donated to the add-on author because I regarded NoScript to be the single most important add-on you could ever use to help stop malware. That especially goes for polymorphic malware that a crappy definition-based anti-virus won't catch. But I also discovered uBlock to cause grief too, but there's no way in hell I'm getting rid of uBlock. :lol: Some sites catch that you are using an AD blocker and won't display content. So you're forced to allow the damn ADs on a per page basis. I'm sure there are ways around that in the JS realm, but I'm too lazy to research it.

So, whenever I go to Facebook on my computer (which isn't often) I use plain vanilla Chrome.