Slow response to right-clicking anywhere in the new Userstyles.org Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
LL25255252
Moon lover
Moon lover

Slow response to right-clicking anywhere in the new Userstyles.org

Unread post by LL25255252 » 2017-06-17, 15:43

Very slow response right-clicking anywhere in the pages of of the new userstyles.org . Sometimes I need even to right-click several times to open the context-menu.

No such issues on other sites.

I tried also to assign a "right-click" to another button on my logitech mouse - but the issue remains.

Problem occurs whether or not I'm signed-in.

e.g :
https://userstyles.org/styles/62289/bla ... e-by-panos

In the browser's console I get JS Warning after the page loads :
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create app.js:1:201831

No issues in other browsers like firefox or waterfox.

Tested on a clean/new Pale Moon 27.3 (32bit)
Win 7 x64

Thanks in advance.

dark_moon

Re: Slow response to right-clicking anywhere in the new Userstyles.org

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-06-17, 17:10

Looks like they block something to use rightclick

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-06-17, 17:58

LL25255252 wrote:In the browser's console I get JS Warning after the page loads :
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create app.js:1:201831
Getting the same warning. Arch Linux / Pale Moon 27.1.1 (32-bit)

dark_moon wrote:Looks like they block something to use rightclick
Right click is working properly for me and I'm not experiencing any slowness either but it might be due to my setup as I've disabled a lot of scripts (especially from Google).
Looks like that page is script heavy, so the page might be slow or unresponsive is general not just with respect to right-click.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-06-17, 18:05

LL25255252 wrote:Very slow response right-clicking anywhere in the pages of of the new userstyles.org. Sometimes I need even to right-click several times to open the context-menu.
Confirmed.

Last bad: Firefox 53.0a1 (2016-12-13) - e10s: off (only!)
Built from https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... 6fab33cbc6

First good: Firefox 53.0a1 (2016-12-14) - e10s: off (only!)
Built from https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... ff4fc7538e

Pushlog
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... ff4fc7538e

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-18, 09:41

userstyles.org is, apparently, using a working draft API (auxclick) which causes this issue. They should not use draft specs if they want their site to be accessible properly.

Considering there's a PR to add this draft spec, it'll likely be solved in 27.4
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LL25255252
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by LL25255252 » 2017-07-12, 17:00

Moonchild wrote:userstyles.org is, apparently, using a working draft API (auxclick) which causes this issue. They should not use draft specs if they want their site to be accessible properly.

Considering there's a PR to add this draft spec, it'll likely be solved in 27.4
Another kudos to @Moonchild - PM 27.4.0 fixed this issue too. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: