Radio Stations not playing on Radio.net Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Channel 2012

Radio Stations not playing on Radio.net

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2017-06-11, 22:31

I noticed an odd bug while browsing radio.net. Most of the website's functionality works, but when it comes time to actually play a radio station, the play button is grayed out. In Internet Explorer and Chrome, it works as expected. Any ideas as to what is causing this or if there is a fix in the works? I'm using the latest 64bit version of Pale Moon 27.3 and have replicated the problem on Windows 10 and 7.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: Radio Stations not playing on Radio.net

Unread post by satrow » 2017-06-11, 23:02

W7 PM 27.3 x64, compatibility off (Native mode), just tried a selection of ~12 stations across a range of genres, all sites autoplayed, pause/play/volume controls all worked as expected.

I suspect your glitch might be down to *something* systemwide acting differently with PM compared to the more mainstream browsers you tried. That automatically puts your security software in the frame, or you might have some add-on that's interfering.

Channel 2012

Solved! Ad-blocker hijinks!

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2017-06-21, 21:05

satrow wrote:W7 PM 27.3 x64, compatibility off (Native mode), just tried a selection of ~12 stations across a range of genres, all sites autoplayed, pause/play/volume controls all worked as expected.

I suspect your glitch might be down to *something* systemwide acting differently with PM compared to the more mainstream browsers you tried. That automatically puts your security software in the frame, or you might have some add-on that's interfering.
Ah, you are indeed correct. The ad-blocker, it turned out, was the cause of the problem all along. Disabling it allowed all stations to play immediately.