Broken Twitch streams in PM 27.2.0 Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
SGvagon

Broken Twitch streams in PM 27.2.0

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-03-23, 17:07

Hello,

after update on PM 27.2.0 Twitch not working with default MSE allowed (Error while decoding media resource - in player)
When I uncheck this MSE, then Twitch streams works BUT I cant create custom clips (this button is grayed) :crazy: .
Thank you in advance.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Broken Twitch streams in PM 27.2.0

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-03-23, 20:21

Can you provide a specific link? I've been able to play Twitch streams with no problems.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-24, 01:53

It seems some videos on twitch.tv's front page give this error, but if you click through to the actual video, it does play just fine.
EDIT: it seems a number of "live" streams give the error on the front page of twitch... (on Windows anyway).
Error console throws a player js error in that case, "code: 3" which seems to be a "decode error".
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-03-24, 06:29

Twitch streams, not Twitch videos (videos/archived streams works) .

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-03-24, 20:00

I am having horrible problems with Twitch after the update as well. Audio and video isn't synced, and I get tons of those decoding errors too.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2017-03-25, 00:44

After update on PM 27.2.1 Twitch works again :) .

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2017-03-25, 00:52

Running rather bad also on the latest unstable - with MSE-MP4.

Front page stream options partly buffer and loop, if you try to switch quality, the quality wheel is just spinning - that happens rather randomly.

Edit 2: If i deactivate

media.mediasource.format-reader.mp4

in about:config it does not help much either.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-03-27, 05:07

Been live streaming from the Twitch home page for the past several hours and cannot reproduce the issue reported here.

I need more information. I'm having a hard time pinpointing what may have caused this. For -release, the last change to the media code was made over 2 weeks ago, and for unstable the last change was made almost a week and a half ago. In both those pull requests, Twitch was specifically mentioned as having been tested and working. For those on unstable, can anyone say if this started happening within the last 2 weeks? Is everyone in this thread running Windows?

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2017-03-27, 05:47

trava90 wrote:Been live streaming from the Twitch home page for the past several hours and cannot reproduce the issue reported here.

I need more information. I'm having a hard time pinpointing what may have caused this. For -release, the last change to the media code was made over 2 weeks ago, and for unstable the last change was made almost a week and a half ago. In both those pull requests, Twitch was specifically mentioned as having been tested and working. For those on unstable, can anyone say if this started happening within the last 2 weeks? Is everyone in this thread running Windows?
Windows user yes, and i would say that since the last time when i tried out Twitch there was indeed a regression when playing Twitch streams.