Pandora Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
PutnamJct

Pandora

Unread post by PutnamJct » 2017-03-19, 03:41

FYI Can not use Pandora.com since beginning of last week. It has had a "update your browser" banner in the past but the site still worked. now it's dead and I'm stuck using chrome for just that site :-(

josephd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Pandora

Unread post by josephd » 2017-03-19, 10:25

Loads fine for me after I allow flash. Windows 10 (64bit). PM 27.2.0

travelinman

Unread post by travelinman » 2017-03-19, 15:34

I am running windows 8.1, and since Pale moon upgraded to version 27 Pandora no longer works. It will try to load, but never plays. I did downgrade back to version26, and Pandora worked. I let Pale moon upgrade itself again to version 27, and Pandora stopped working. I hope this is something that can be fixed. I really do like the browser.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-03-19, 19:16

travelinman wrote:I am running windows 8.1, and since Pale moon upgraded to version 27 Pandora no longer works. It will try to load, but never plays. I did downgrade back to version26, and Pandora worked. I let Pale moon upgrade itself again to version 27, and Pandora stopped working. I hope this is something that can be fixed. I really do like the browser.
I believe v26 of Pale Moon was mostly run by flash because they lacked certain HTML5 standards. However, v27 of Pale Moon is mostly run by HTML5 because of the enhanced HTML5 compatibilities. Their lies the problem. I suggest you set Pandora to default to flash until this specific issue with Pandora's HTML5 player (player.ooyala.com) is fixed.

Also keep in mind that you/we as the end user have the power to influence how websites function with browsers, so I would advise you to bring this issue up with them as well. See here: https://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/emails/new.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-03-20, 04:22

LimboSlam wrote: I suggest you set Pandora to default to flash until this specific issue with Pandora's HTML5 player (player.ooyala.com) is fixed.
You sir, are the man :thumbup: I did not even know that was available and had a big house warming party yesterday and found out I could not play
Pandora on 26.5 Just kept telling me it could not load any songs and that my browser was out of date.

Just did what you said and it's back to normal. :clap: I hated to new look anyway. :mrgreen:

travelinman

Unread post by travelinman » 2017-03-20, 13:10

LimboSlam wrote:
travelinman wrote:I am running windows 8.1, and since Pale moon upgraded to version 27 Pandora no longer works. It will try to load, but never plays. I did downgrade back to version26, and Pandora worked. I let Pale moon upgrade itself again to version 27, and Pandora stopped working. I hope this is something that can be fixed. I really do like the browser.
I believe v26 of Pale Moon was mostly run by flash because they lacked certain HTML5 standards. However, v27 of Pale Moon is mostly run by HTML5 because of the enhanced HTML5 compatibilities. Their lies the problem. I suggest you set Pandora to default to flash until this specific issue with Pandora's HTML5 player (player.ooyala.com) is fixed.

Also keep in mind that you/we as the end user have the power to influence how websites function with browsers, so I would advise you to bring this issue up with them as well. See here: https://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/emails/new.
Thanks for the assistance. I had to reset Pandora back to it's original interface. I have made them aware of the issue.

PutnamJct

Unread post by PutnamJct » 2017-03-20, 14:28

Thanks for the replies. I changed any reference to Flash under Options/Applications to Flash Player and made sure the Add-on was always enabled. Restart browser but still have same issue. What am I forgetting to do?
Thanks!

budlyte

Unread post by budlyte » 2017-03-20, 20:07

login to Pandora, open your account settings, and click on the "classic Site" link near the bottom left of the page

PutnamJct

Unread post by PutnamJct » 2017-03-21, 10:28

budlyte wrote:login to Pandora, open your account settings, and click on the "classic Site" link near the bottom left of the page
Thanks budlyte!!! Streaming away :-)

budlyte

Unread post by budlyte » 2017-03-21, 11:38

You are welcome. I'm glad I found this thread because I was having the same problem with Pandora.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2017-03-21, 22:00

Pandora inexplicably forced their new site on me again today.
Switched back to classic site (again) and back in business.
Thanks for the tip!

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-03-22, 01:30

If they continue to force this new theme on us without proper feature detection of our browser, you might have to change your UA for them. See here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6004#p38364 (NOTE: this information is a bit outdated, but still can be accessed the same way). Although, that isn't solving the problem, just providing a workaround for who knows how long. So please, ask for official support of Pale Moon with all the documentation they need (HINT: start with General Information or Release Notes).
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

OmegaPaladin

Unread post by OmegaPaladin » 2017-04-27, 18:09

Pandora is moving toward using requiring the new UI. I contacted Pandora, and their official stance is that they do not support Pale Moon.
Julian | Pandora
APR 27, 2017 | 08:52AM PDT

Hi XXXXXX,

Sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, that browser is not supported.
Please try a different browser that meets our minimum requirements:

- Internet Explorer 10
- Safari 6
- Latest Version of Chrome*
- Latest Version of Firefox*
- Edge

*Auto-updating must be enabled

Hope this helps. Thanks for listening!
Julian | Pandora
Listener Advocate
PANDORA®
Need help? http://help.pandora.com

taosk8r

Unread post by taosk8r » 2017-05-04, 16:33

Is there any hope for this, now that the new UI is forced? I noted my FF compatibility UA is on, doesn't appear to help. I even tried loding it with the IE extension.. Seems like it should work, since IE does just fine with it, but nope. Perhaps this is a user agent thing, since I get the compatibility page when I try to run it?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-05-05, 11:48

They refuse to provide support for us or providing service to our users. There isn't anything we can do about that.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

taosk8r

Unread post by taosk8r » 2017-05-07, 10:29

Moonchild wrote:They refuse to provide support for us or providing service to our users. There isn't anything we can do about that.
Darn, oh well.. Guess Ill try... another small browser..

Thanks, too bad there is no workaround. :(

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-05-11, 03:44

Well, this is the end of the road for me and Pandora. The new U.I. is simply garbage and very unintuitive and now you cannot change it to flash anymore.
That, and it won't play. It's sad, I learned a lot of new music because of them.
Why is it that all the "new" stuff looks and acts like something a five year old made with crayons?
This simplistic "look" is ruining the web. :thumbdown:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-05-29, 01:02

Good news, I hope!

Pandora is working with full HTML5 compatibilities again with the latest update of Pale Moon Portable v27.4.0a1 (20170528133923). Thank you so much! Keep it up, because these improvements to MSE or HTML5 is paying off.

So, can anyone else confirm, and maybe give me some insight into why their player wasn't working before. I'm genially curious.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-05-29, 21:40

Alright, you might want to scratch the above, as Pandora is now playing with Pale Moon v27.3.0. Please, confirm though.

budlyte

Unread post by budlyte » 2017-05-30, 12:36

It is working for me as well in v27.3.0