WeTransfer website unusable

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Cube8

WeTransfer website unusable

Unread post by Cube8 » 2017-03-16, 11:36

The website is a file-transfer service.

After the site starts loading, palemoon hangs for a while and then it shows a message about a non-responsive script (see attached screenshot). Before clicking on "Stop script", I notice that palemoon.exe takes up almost all of my RAM (3GB of 4GB).
I have created a new, clean, profile but the same thing happens.

On firefox 52.0 32-bit + 64-bit and Chrome 56.0.2924.87 64-bit the site works fine (I'm uploading a file right now).

Environment:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
4GB RAM
PaleMoon version 27.1.2 64-bit

Site address: http://www.wetransfer.com/
Attachments
Unrensponsive script screenshot
Unrensponsive script screenshot

themew

Re: WeTransfer website unusable

Unread post by themew » 2017-03-16, 14:58

I get the same error in Linux on WeTransfer and in the new HTML5 chat from Comm100. To compare, using FF52 the error doesn't appear but there is constant drive activity until the browser locks up with 100% of CPU shown.

There are the only 2 sites I've seen this error on. Unfortunately for Comm100, you have to be a customer of theirs to use the HTML5 site operator window so I've submitted it to Comm100 as the error can't be demonstrated without an account.