Cannot tag anyone on Facebook

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
polferis

Cannot tag anyone on Facebook

Unread post by polferis » 2017-03-06, 15:49

I like very much Pale Moon and I don't want to loose it, but... Everything works fine, more, more fine like Firefox, but on Facebook I cannot tag anyone, whatever is on my friends list or not! I tried with addons disabled, in safe mode... nothing, the same problem. I installed a fresh Windows 7_x64... a fresh install of latest version of Pale Moon x64 bits... the same problem! So, I think is not my fault, nor my laptop... something is wrong with the browser. So, is any posibillity to solve this problem? Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Cannot tag anyone on Facebook

Unread post by Sajadi » 2017-03-06, 20:17

works flawless here.Clicking on the tag symbol in the posting section, picking a name and write my message :) Using the unstable version and Gecko compatibility user agent settings in the options.

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2017-03-07, 16:41

Sajadi wrote:works flawless here.Clicking on the tag symbol in the posting section, picking a name and write my message :) Using the unstable version and Gecko compatibility user agent settings in the options.
But there is a special override in place for Facebook, If I'm not wrong.

Indeed, I have to change that override to tag people.

polferis

Unread post by polferis » 2017-03-08, 10:49

Thanks for your replies friends, but still doesn't work... So, let me be more explicit... I can write any name in that case, any name from my list or not, but they will not be tagged... and that happens on any Facebook page. I'm using x64 bit version, but also I installed x32 bit version from scratch with new profile... same problem! Sorry, I'm sick of it!!
@snertev, will you be so kind to tell me how to change to override to tag people, please?! Thank you all.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-08, 10:53

Are you talking about photo tagging or quoting/mentioning someone in a comment? The latter only seems to work with a Trident user agent string. Check this post on how to apply a user agent override. The string you are looking for is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Ignore fbcdn.com - if you have such an entry, right-click and Reset it. Only facebook.com and fbcdn.net need to be changed.

polferis

Unread post by polferis » 2017-03-08, 11:41

@back2themoon, I'm talking about tagging people, yes, quoting/mentioning someone in a comment. I did like you said and I succeeded, works perfectly! Thank you very much, you made my happy today! Again, thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gyphon49

Unread post by Gyphon49 » 2017-03-10, 12:57

Thank you "back2themoon", I did as you added here and Facebook works again as it did before the latest update of Palemoon. :)

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-10, 13:09

You are welcome, just remember that with this workaround Facebook thinks you are using another browser (Edge?) and you should also complain to Facebook about it so they can take notice (hopefully). Also, this fix may break anytime with the frequent Facebook code changes and it's not really a proper solution.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-24, 16:07

A Goanna-less string like the one below seems to solve this problem, too. Probably best to use this, instead of the Trident one.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.9 (Pale Moon)