Comcast Email Hangs on the Loading Screen Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Thoron

Comcast Email Hangs on the Loading Screen

Unread post by Thoron » 2017-02-25, 07:40

As the title says, I can't access my comcast email because after I log in it just hangs on the loading wheel screen. I had to use firefox just to access my email to activate this account. I've tried turning off noscript and ABL and that does nothing. This also wasn't an issue with previous versions of Palemoon, this only started after I updated to Palemoon 27.

Is anyone else having this issue and is there a way to fix it?

Thoron

Re: Comcast Email Hangs on the Loading Screen

Unread post by Thoron » 2017-02-25, 08:23

Also, is there any specific information that I need to provide that might be of useful to figuring this out?

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-02-25, 08:33

I am able to access my Comcast/Xfinity email just fine ... although there is a significantly noticeable delay between when I enter my credentials and when my webmail inbox finally shows up. The URL I use is:

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite

This is using Pale Moon 27.1.1 on Linux Mint 17.3 KDE. One difference is that I use Ublock Origin rather than ABL.
Thoron wrote:Also, is there any specific information that I need to provide that might be of useful to figuring this out?
Letting us know the exact PM version number, your OS and whether you're using 32-bit or 64-bit would be a good start. Also try restarting PM with add-ons disabled and/or using a new profile just to rule out any extension or profile problems.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-02-25, 12:34

It's the same thing for most e-mail services these days.

Outlook.com for instance..
It used to be really fast, but now it has become painfully slow!:

I suspect that there's a lot of sniffing and tracking going on. :(

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-02-25, 16:57

@Thoron, another piece of info that would help in addition to what I mentioned above would be what filter list(s) you are currently using in ABL.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

hopi2013

Unread post by hopi2013 » 2017-02-26, 00:44

I use the same url to get to my xfinity email as posted in one of the above posts

and it worked fine before the last update of Palemoon

Now it just hangs on the page trying to load the emails

I'm sure the site is OK because I can get there fine in other browsers...

Is there a way to go back to the previous version of Palemoon???

Or is there another way to solve this problem???

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-02-26, 09:22

Welcome to the forum!

Did the site hang or Pale Moon itself?
Also include more details: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49

hopi2013

Unread post by hopi2013 » 2017-03-04, 18:07

I have used Pale Moon Portable for years and have let it update whenever it wants to ...

But after the last two updates, to version 27.1.2 it will not load my xfinity eamil page...
it just hangs forever while trying to load it...

This worked fine until about two versions back.... I have tested an older version and
find that ver. 26.x will load that page OK...

Also it load fine in my other browsers so the issue is clearly something in Pale Moon Portable...
And I REALLY hope it can be fixed... I have years of bookmarks and other stuff in my portable.

I know this not just me because the same thing is happening some of my friends and other people here.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-03-04, 18:33

I have checked current Release and latest Unstable builds and Comcast Email is functioning perfectly. Please check your content blocking extensions and preferences. Also, try clean profile to be sure.

hopi2013

Unread post by hopi2013 » 2017-03-04, 20:56

but did you check the portable versions????
that is the one I'm talking about.... not the full install version

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-03-05, 02:40

hopi2013 wrote:but did you check the portable versions????
that is the one I'm talking about.... not the full install version
the portable version has the same code as the non-portable version.

hopi2013

Unread post by hopi2013 » 2017-03-05, 02:57

thanks ... well then I have no idea what the problem is

I have the up to date portable version, using it as I type and it definitely will not load the comcast, xfinitity email page...
I have to use K-meleon now to get that part of my email.... very disturbing

hopi2013

Unread post by hopi2013 » 2017-03-05, 06:53

so let me add this:

I am on win 7 pro 64 bit
I can get to the main xfinity site ok, the one that shows the news and videos and that has an icon for going to your email

clicking that icon is the same as using the xfinity link another person posted above...

so to the main site... all good.. but to email section of xfinity... all NOT good....
and not a matter slow loading... I'm on a fast isp line and the email page won't show even if I leave it trying for an hour...

PMfan

Unread post by PMfan » 2017-03-06, 13:53

I too have been experiencing Comcast email log in problems since 27.1.0. Successful login with 27.0.3 (x64) and earlier versions. If I change my email to a simpler interface, via the preferences in Comcast email, I can then login with 27.1.0. Running windows 7 & 8 on various machines. All the same result. I have not tried any of the releases subsequent to 27.1.0 as the change logs seem to not address this particular issue. I am running 27.0.3 now. The extensions used are the same between PM versions and OS's. The relevant extensions I use are uBlock Origin and NoScript. I think I tried disabling all extensions at one point but with no result. I have not created a new blank profile to test as rolling back to prior versions seemed to work.

The error console in 27.1.0 yielded these errors:

Error: ReferenceError: AjxDebug is not defined
Source File: https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail
Line: 13725

Error: ReferenceError: AjxCore is not defined
Line: 13809

Error: ReferenceError: AjxUtil is not defined
Line: 2533

Error: ReferenceError: ZmModel is not defined
Source File: https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/js/ ... 1203082945
Line: 1455

Error: SyntaxError: missing formal parameter
Source File: https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/js/ ... 1203082945
Line: 43013, Column: 42
Source Code:
sc = sc.replace(/\b[A-Z]\b/g, function(let) { return let.toLowerCase(); });
-------------------------------------------|

With 27.0.3 I do not get these errors, but plenty of non-fatal info items (typical).

regards

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-06, 22:54

Code: Select all

function(let) { return let.toLowerCase(); 
let is a reserved keyword. http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/#sec-let-and-const-declarations
You can't use a reserved keyword as a variable. A simple rename of "let" to something else will fix this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

PMfan

Unread post by PMfan » 2017-03-07, 01:30

I'm guessing this error has been in their (Comcast) code for awhile. The question is why it works in versions prior to 27.1.0. Do versions prior have some sort of error trapping that was left out in the newer versions?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-08, 03:06

PMfan wrote:I'm guessing this error has been in their (Comcast) code for awhile. The question is why it works in versions prior to 27.1.0. Do versions prior have some sort of error trapping that was left out in the newer versions?
No, 27.1.0 makes the keyword versionless; meaning it will always be a keyword for any <script> tags. This was required because that is the way many sites are now using let while not providing a JS version indicator in their script elements (and refusal to do so because "it works in other browsers"). See also the release notes for 27.1.0.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Clu42

Unread post by Clu42 » 2017-03-16, 17:17

I'd like to add to the others bug report that under Windows 7-10, I cannot access my Comcast e-mail. The rest of the Comcast site I can access, but e-mail never loads. This started a few versions ago. Also like to ad, that just recently Pandora Radio no longer works as well. I disabled ublock and noscript, but the problem still persists.

PutnamJct

Unread post by PutnamJct » 2017-03-17, 11:49

Count me in Pandora. I've always gotten the "your browser is out of date message" but was able to close it out and Pandora ran with no problems. Now the page loads, but is stuck and will not play. This started for me in the past 3 or 4 days.
Win 10/64bit

Thoron

Unread post by Thoron » 2017-04-07, 22:57

Is there any update on a fix for this? It's still hanging on the loading screen.