Bookmarks not Opening at All on PM28 Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Bookmarks not Opening at All on PM28

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2018-08-16, 18:08

I upgraded to PM 28 and all the sudden my bookmarks will no longer open from the menu. I downgraded back to the previous version and this isn't a problem. Can you take a look at what's wrong with that? I do like the updated look with PM 28 but this bug kinda puts a damper on it.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Bookmarks not Opening at All on PM28

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-08-16, 18:12

Have you tried Safe Mode to see if it's being caused by an extension or add-on?

Additionally, downgrading from v28 to v27 is not recommended and may actually break some things in your profile.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-08-16, 18:19

@ Ziko577

When you first went to V28 and found problems with your Bookmarks not opening, I would have suggested a new profile, but since you reverted back to 27 without making a new profile for v28, the point is moot now.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-08-16, 23:12

I've just seen this problem too, not on first PM 28 start or caused by the browser itself, but after I restored a Tab color setting in the Tab Mix Plus add-on, which was lost after the update. Suddenly opening bookmarks didn't work anymore. I looked up the other tab opening options in Tab Mix Plus and also found an older version of Tab Utilities Lite, which I used earlier to color the active tab.
As both of these add-ons have also similar tab opening functions (for bookmarks, etc.) I supposed they might conflict somehow, so I reset Tab Utilities Lite to > defaults, then disabled this add-on, then checked the remaining Tab Mix Plus options and after restarting Pale Moon 28 the bookmarks were back and active. (- just as possible source to think of...)

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2018-08-17, 22:32

loxodont wrote:I've just seen this problem too, not on first PM 28 start or caused by the browser itself, but after I restored a Tab color setting in the Tab Mix Plus add-on, which was lost after the update. Suddenly opening bookmarks didn't work anymore. I looked up the other tab opening options in Tab Mix Plus and also found an older version of Tab Utilities Lite, which I used earlier to color the active tab.
As both of these add-ons have also similar tab opening functions (for bookmarks, etc.) I supposed they might conflict somehow, so I reset Tab Utilities Lite to > defaults, then disabled this add-on, then checked the remaining Tab Mix Plus options and after restarting Pale Moon 28 the bookmarks were back and active. (- just as possible source to think of...)
I use Tab Utilities Lite and I could try that to see whether it could fix that. I don't use the latter anymore as it gave me too many issues.

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2018-08-17, 22:56

It's working now on PM28. I just switched back to the current version of Tab Mix Plus. Thanks! This new version is quite good so far. Also, I have closed tabs but when I open them back up, why does it switch to them immediately and can I not have that happen?
Last edited by Ziko577 on 2018-08-18, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.