Comcast Email Hangs on the Loading Screen Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Thoron

Re: Comcast Email Hangs on the Loading Screen

Unread post by Thoron » 2017-04-08, 00:36

dark_moon wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Did the site hang or Pale Moon itself?
Also include more details: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49
The site itself, just a never ending spinning loading wheel and on the status bar it says done. All I can wager is that something changed with how PM handles the scriptes

Thoron

Unread post by Thoron » 2017-04-08, 04:14

For anyone who is curious, here is what I'm looking at. It just stays on this page. Is there something going on with how PM is handling the scripts?
Attachments
Comcast Email Hang.jpg

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-04-08, 16:23

Thoron wrote:For anyone who is curious, here is what I'm looking at. It just stays on this page.
The URL that you are using there changed for my Comcast email a few months back. Have you tried this URL to access your Comcast email?

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Thoron

Unread post by Thoron » 2017-04-08, 21:39

I have and then changes over to the URL you see in the pic with the same hanging loading screen.

The only difference to URL is that zimbra and everything after that is missing

I want a PM developer to give his or her thoughts on the matter because this wasn't an issue in PM 26 and my ancient version of Firefox has no issues as well.

Nigaikaze wrote:
Thoron wrote:For anyone who is curious, here is what I'm looking at. It just stays on this page.
The URL that you are using there changed for my Comcast email a few months back. Have you tried this URL to access your Comcast email?

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite

Thoron

Unread post by Thoron » 2017-05-02, 20:26

Has there been any update of fix for this problem? Even at 27.3.0 (32-bit) the problem persists and its now just feels like its something that's being ignored by the developers.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-05-02, 20:46

Thoron wrote:Has there been any update of fix for this problem?
And for me, all versions of PM 27.x (including 27.3.0) have continued to work just fine for Comcast/Xfinity email. Tobin reported the same thing. So therefore it is not a pervasive problem in Pale Moon itself.

Have you tried accessing the site after:
1. Disabling extensions?
2. Restarting Pale Moon in safe mode?
3. Using a fresh/new profile?

Thoron

Unread post by Thoron » 2017-05-02, 20:52

Nigaikaze wrote:
Thoron wrote:Has there been any update of fix for this problem?
And for me, all versions of PM 27.x (including 27.3.0) have continued to work just fine for Comcast/Xfinity email. Tobin reported the same thing. So therefore it is not a pervasive problem in Pale Moon itself.

Have you tried accessing the site after:
1. Disabling extensions?
2. Restarting Pale Moon in safe mode?
3. Using a fresh/new profile?
I've tried disabling extensions, ABL and no-script are the only add-ons I use.

How do I restart in safe mode and how do I make a new profile?
Last edited by Thoron on 2017-05-02, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-05-02, 21:13

Thoron wrote:How do I restart in safe mode and how do I make a new profile?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8240

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-05-09, 05:52

I still cannot reproduce any issues with Comcast Web Mail.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-05-09, 11:11

Thoron wrote:For anyone who is curious, here is what I'm looking at. It just stays on this page. Is there something going on with how PM is handling the scripts?
Like you, I cannot access my Comcast email either using Pale Moon 27.3.0 or SeaMonkey (2.46) even if I'm using linux Mint or Windows 7. I get the same page you're looking at.

If there is any consolation, I can access my Comcast email using Firefox 53.0 using linux Mint or Windows 7. This is one of the reasons I have Firefox on all of my Windows and Linux hard drives.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Zootopia3000

Unread post by Zootopia3000 » 2017-05-16, 22:29

In Comcast email 'General' Preferences I had to set to 'Lite' rather than 'Full', otherwise just spinning wheel page.

Clu42

Unread post by Clu42 » 2017-06-24, 02:25

Zootopia3000 wrote:In Comcast email 'General' Preferences I had to set to 'Lite' rather than 'Full', otherwise just spinning wheel page.
OMG! Thanks Zootopia3000! That fixed this annoying problem, I've had for months!