I'm having the weirdest bug of my life...

General discussion and chat (archived)
Deformat

I'm having the weirdest bug of my life...

Unread post by Deformat » 2019-03-01, 19:16

Hello everyone, new guy around here.

I really like the Basilisk project and generally appreciate the way Pale Moon/Basilisk are going. However, how I came to use Basilisk is...to say the least, interesting, and maybe some of the more intelligent people around here might be able to enlighten me.

I have a pretty new AMD processor (a Ryzen 5 1400), and pretty new AMD GPU (RX560) on my Windows 10 machine. I used Linux for the past 5 years and on both my devices for the past 1 year. Since October, I came back to Windows since my university is pretty rough on my personal life and realized I try to do too many things at the same time, and all the issues made me move back.

All went smooth in the first few months, however the following odd video playback issue is given: On my desktop Firefox can't play certain random videos' sound. Neither can Chrome, Chromium, Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, or other versions of Firefox. The exact same videos can't be played. One example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lACoWp_oIU
I thought that my ISP is fooling with me. I had some pretty bad interactions with some telecom people lately, so I thought I might be spied upon. However, those videos play perfectly on Basilisk or Pale Moon.

The even weirder thing? They play well on my laptop, on Firefox.

It's not the cache. It's not DRM. It's not hardware acceleration. I have absolutely no idea.

I know I might seem like a weirdo for posting this here, but I no longer know where to ask.