Super weird glitch

General discussion and chat (archived)
[2054]

Super weird glitch

Unread post by [2054] » 2013-02-06, 10:33

I confirmed this happens on multiple computers (x86 and x64). It happens in Pale Moon (15.4.1) but not Firefox.
Go to add-ons, press F11, right click on any add-on and then touch the top of the screen.

:wtf:

(It's alive!)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Super weird glitch

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-02-06, 12:56

Since I'm not going to do what you ask, I do have a question. Give me one "good" reason why I should do this?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-02-06, 13:57

Hah, yeah after right clicking and the small window showing "Show More Information etc." appears, touching the top of the screen causes that window to move around on its own, or when you move the mouse.

It is easy enough to click again on the window and reset the browser out of full screen. Very strange and one for MC to look at.

I was a bit confused to start as it didn't do anything in the latest beta that I was running, but checking with 15.4.1 it certainly gives a slow run-away little window. :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-02-06, 17:52

If it doesn't happen in the latest beta then the solution for this glitch is already known and fixed in the Mozilla code base ;)

I know what happens there, and it's certainly not breaking (cosmetic more than anything else) so I'm not going to make a separate point release for it.
"Will be fixed in v19.0"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Ryrynz

Unread post by Ryrynz » 2013-02-07, 07:46

MC, I'm curious does the Firefox Beta code change much at all during the beta phase?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-02-07, 10:10

Ryrynz wrote:MC, I'm curious does the Firefox Beta code change much at all during the beta phase?
Yes it does, certainly earlier in the cycle. See https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Mozilla-Beta
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite