Pipl search blocks the use of proxy software! How long before others?

General discussion and chat (archived)
d3v14n7

Pipl search blocks the use of proxy software! How long before others?

Unread post by d3v14n7 » 2017-06-09, 23:05

As I have so many security add-ons to my Pale Moon install, I find much of the web now breaking down due to "give us your data or you don't get to use our site" global corporate web tactics of late.
As a result, I often have to resort to firing up my unprotected Pale Moon Portable through a portable proxy in order to allow such sites to be satisfied with spying on an exit node somewhere in the world, just so as I can access whatever I need.
(Of course, this means me filling in an endless supply of Google and Amazon Captchas. They could at least add a targeting reticule and a laser to the damned things to make them fun!)
I've found that "Pipl" search now blocks this.
How long before others follow and we cannot use proxies any more?
I know the latest London Bridge false-flag had "we need to secure the web more (against those against our global corporate Communist state narrative)" as its excuse.
Are we really being hemmed so quickly and so tightly into a corner?
It's coming close to a time where I need to pull my Win-based machines from the web, to use solely for offline tasks.

John connor

Re: Pipl search blocks the use of proxy software! How long before others?

Unread post by John connor » 2017-06-10, 03:39

When I use certain IP addresses with my VPN Google will throw a captcha. More than likely because so many people use that particular IP and Google search so Google thinks it's a bot.