3rd Party Cookie Managers

General discussion and chat (archived)
Tallpaultn

3rd Party Cookie Managers

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-08-18, 17:52

Is using a 3rd party cookie manager add-on with Pale Moon Browser recommended or just a matter of user preference? :think:

megaman

Re: 3rd Party Cookie Managers

Unread post by megaman » 2012-08-18, 18:02

Tallpaultn wrote:Is using a 3rd party cookie manager add-on with Pale Moon Browser recommended or just a matter of user preference? :think:
User preference and if you trust the add-on.
It is like a "Choose your destiny thing," in Mortal Kombat.

stravinsky

Unread post by stravinsky » 2012-08-19, 04:07

nothing is "recommended" in an FOSS community. everything is out there. Just choose and use.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-08-19, 04:26

Tallpaultn wrote:Is using a 3rd party cookie manager add-on with Pale Moon Browser recommended or just a matter of user preference? :think:
I cannot give a philosophical comment, but just some every-day tips.

When you need to erase your cookies?

* When Google or another site sends you to your country or language version of the site since they "feel" that you are better there.
* When some fields in forms start to be completed with some data like your email.
* When some page comments that since you use facebook or G+ or twitter, why not log-in with those accounts and link them to your profile in that site?
* When ads start to show things that you really to want buy
* When a page greets you and welcome back after be out for X days
* When You Tube remember your last searches and the last videos that you did favorite

Only websites do that magic when you have a huge pile of cookies with pieces of your data around you. ;)

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-08-19, 04:32

You probably would be fine with the Cooke Manager within Pale Moon as it is, it is fully-functional and might have all you need to begin with.

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-08-19, 04:32

Have no idea what a FOSS community is since I'm just an ordinary everyday computer user (for quite a few years now), who was born at nite, but not last nite, but I did exactly that... :crazy: :)

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-08-19, 04:46

Tallpaultn wrote:Have no idea what a FOSS community is since I'm just an ordinary everyday computer user (for quite a few years now), who was born at nite, but not last nite, but I did exactly that... :crazy: :)
Free and Open Source Software.
You found it here.