reCAPTCHA Never Works Right

For the more technical/geeky chat subjects!

Moderators: satrow, Indalecio

littlebb87
Moongazer
Moongazer

reCAPTCHA Never Works Right

Postby littlebb87 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:41 pm

I have tried the latest versions of four different browsers (PM, FF, Edge and Chrome) and I can't get the reCAPTCHA challenge to work correctly on two different websites. It keeps telling me my browser is unsupported. Could someone please try to access these two sites and tell me if you're having problems too? It could be that because I'm on dialup, something isn't fully loading.

Here are the two sites:
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/register/
https://www.000webhost.com/password-reset/user

I can't even send a help request because that requires reCAPTCHA too. Unbelievable! I wanted to register at the Malwarebytes forum because I'm having a problem with their software. I've got a 14 day free trial and by the time I can register an account, the trial period will probably have ended. :x

back2themoon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: reCAPTCHA Never Works Right

Postby back2themoon » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:10 am

Got the captcha on your first link - worked fine. Don't see a captcha on the second link.

Make sure no ad/content blocking extensions are blocking them. Can't say if your slow connection is part of the problem. Are you using your ISP's DNS servers or something else?
Pale Moon Safe Mode: Menu/Help/Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Information to include when asking for support
How to apply user agent overrides

Windows 10 Pro x64 - Pale Moon x64 - FossaMail x64

John connor
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby John connor » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:48 am

More than likely the UA. You can try the extension UAControl and use this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0

Another option is to use the Firefox compatibility mode (I think it's called) in the PM options. Or try and "listen" to the captcha audio option instead of clicking on images.

testator777
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby testator777 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:29 pm

If you have a bsd or linux UA or javascript OSCPU recaptcha automatically discriminates against you as a bot. Which means you will always be challenged by it and have to do the challenge twice reguardless of if you got the first image search correct. Cloudfare ddos protection does something similiar to those UA's.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Moonchild » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Honestly, I have none of those, but Google discriminates against Pale Moon and will require a double solve as well.
I wish people would stop using reCAPTCHA. It's being used as a vessel to promote their own browser (since It'll never be challenged this way)
Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.

gracious1
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby gracious1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:26 am

Moonchild wrote:I wish people would stop using reCAPTCHA. It's being used as a vessel to promote their own browser (since It'll never be challenged this way)

Grrr... reCAPTCHA is the bane of my existence. :evil: It. just. fails.

Off-topic:
And apparently, the creators of one of my favorite language-learning sites, Duolingo, helped create it, so that's depressing and shocking at the same time. :shock:
Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside.
— Alexander Pope

StefanGustamin

Postby StefanGustamin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Lucky for everyone CAPTCHAs are on their way to being made obsolete soon, at least by Google.

Return to “Technical chat”